Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a friend of mine who owns a Polytech M1A and is considering selling it. It has a brand new walnut stock on it and is in excellent condition. Any ideas as to an approximate figure as to what his asking price should be? Thanks. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
689 Posts
SixT seems anywhere between $550.00 - 700.00 last one I checked out was at assault web net I THINK 600.00. I,m goin to pick one up one day. I always thought the POLY,s were a good deal. Darn 223 ak,s and fal,s are eatin up my $$$

·
No Longer Involved
2,398 Posts
I would love a Polytech as well!

Be sure to check the headspace, and check it often. Chicom M14's are well known for soft bolts, and most (not all) will loosen up quickly. You also cannot simply add a USGI bolt to fix the issue, as it won't mate perfectly to the barrel.

There are armorers such as Fulton who will take a Chicom M14, use the receiver and other servicable parts, and replace the rest (including barrel and bolt) with USGI parts.

The Chicom (Polytech and Norinco) M14's use forged receivers that are perfect geometry-wise.... the only thing they lack is a warranty. Can't sue the People's Liberation Army if you have a problem with it (grin).

Get it, shoot it, but watch the headspace! Be sure to measure it right... if you are shooting 7.62NATO (and you should be), use the NATO/USGI headspace gauge, as it differs from the .308 commercial gauges.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts