Perfect Union banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· absit iniuria verbis
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I finally bit the bullet and bought a Glock 43x. I just couldn't help it, being so small, slim and high cap with S15 mags, and coming from a family of firearms known for their reliability.
After my first pistol, a striker fired Taurus PT145 Millennium Pro began having light primer strikes long ago, I immediately swore off all striker fired pistols. My next 9 pistols all have hammers, including my daily carry CZ75b.
Anyways, the G43x was a Glock I just had to have, and all the stars aligned so I picked one up a couple of days ago.
I haven't had a chance to fire it yet because of work, but my first impressions were positive just holding it for the first time. Two negatives I soon noticed were that racking the slide was about as rough and gritty as a Hi-Point C9, and the trigger was as slow and squishy as a cap-gun I had in my toy box as a child.
Removing the slide exposed 16 areas on the frame that I could polish with a ceramic stone. These are all contact points where the slide meets the frame. I polished the tops and outer edges where the rails slide.
Sleeve Gesture Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Much smoother and quieter slide racks!

I then removed the trigger, bar, and housing from the frame. I polished the outer side of the bar where it rides the frame as well as the friction areas at the rear end of the bar.
Finger Household hardware Thumb Nickel Fashion accessory

Gesture Tool Wood Blade Font

Finally I polished the connector where it's rubbed by the bar. I also noticed that this connector, when installed in the trigger housing, stuck outward (to the right) a lot, mashing the bar and connector outwards into the frame. So i bent it straight vertical.
Product Rectangle Household hardware Wood Bumper

The trigger now feels much smoother. There's less friction happening so it's easier to pull rearward and doesnt feel as spongy as before. That rough first stage is now quicker and easier to get thru, and it was all for free.
No trigger engagement surfaces were touched, so I don't believe I've made it unsafe or anything. I've done this before with excellent results here:

What I really need to do next is learn how to take apart the slide, and then try to polish the firing pin safety plunger, which direcly influences how the trigger feels.
I hope this helps someone. Happy shooting!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.