Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else purchased a Polish M44 recently? My buddy and I bought our first ones at Big 5 since they were on sale for $49.95. They were in surprisingly good shape considering the price. Metal was 90% with mis-matched bolts and the stocks had a few dings and handling marks. Previously the only ones Big 5 had for that price were very beat up. Are the Polish models considered as good as the others? I have 10 days to wait before I can take a detailed look.
TIA, Ron

·
Registered
581 Posts
A lot of folks think the Polish M44's are the best.

I have two post war Russians that are very nice. They have the rebuild stamps but appear new.

Nice recoil. The MAS 49/56 buttpad fits nice. <G>

Dennis Jenkins

Originally posted by Ron Y
Has anyone else purchased a Polish M44 recently? My buddy and I bought our first ones at Big 5 since they were on sale for $49.95. They were in surprisingly good shape considering the price. Metal was 90% with mis-matched bolts and the stocks had a few dings and handling marks. Previously the only ones Big 5 had for that price were very beat up. Are the Polish models considered as good as the others? I have 10 days to wait before I can take a detailed look.
TIA, Ron

·
Registered
279 Posts
I was thinking to buy another m44 as I saw a conversion kit in www.sporsmansguide.com with composite stock and scope mount kit including bolt conversion for 90 bucks. The stock only is 55 bucks. The way my Russian groups it would be worth it just to convert and keep around to have a cheap rifle to lend when people want to learn to hunt or shoot.:usa:

·
Registered
309 Posts
i have a few mosins and my polish is the best shooting gun out of all of them its a 1952 and i got a 100 yrd. group of 0.942. not bad for $45 !!!:D

·
Registered
309 Posts
not that i know of . i had found a motivated seller,if i knew of anymore we would ALL get one! P.s. hey boogieman thats a cool lil troll thingy with the sign!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts