Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Im in the market for a good homeland defense shotgun, I really want to get the Rem. 870, just not sure about the differences between these to guns.

thanks,,Bob:usa:

·
Registered
723 Posts
The Remington 870 is a fine Defense shotgun, but you might want to search around. The Mossberg is a fine weapon as is the Winchester model1300. Each of these are all fine guns. If you dont mind the wait the new Saiga semi auto promises to be interesting, it is Imported by European American Armory, and is based on the AK-47 Rifle. I have two on back order.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Based on the AK 47, sorry to here that, that means no sales in CA.

One of the reasons I want the 870, so I can shoot mini shells.

Are the receivers the same between the Police magnum and the Express magnum ?

Thanks for all replys:usa:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Internally they are no difference, probably no difference. The Police magnums are supposed to have stronger recievers.But I cant tell any difference. Also I would like to add the grip on the Police magnum is thumbs down.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Having just come an M870 Armorer's Course given by Remington, I asked the same question to the Rep. His reply was that the police magnum has a heavier sear spring and mag tube spring, more precise fitting and polishing of parts, finish is more detailed, metal parts instead of plastic, no safety lock. Other than this there really isn't much difference. I hope this helps. R6721

·
Registered
68 Posts
R6721 nailed it on the head...I am an armorer of the 870 for my police department, and the only thing I would add is that I believe the Police shotguns are parkerized and the Express guns are matte blued....finish is slightly different in appearance...GO WITH THE EXPRESS...IT WILL GET THE JOB DONE AND SAVE YOU A BUNCH OF MONEY

·
Registered
57 Posts
Since this post from years ago was dug up...

Here's the difference between the Express and the Police model.

Police model includes...
  • finish is more detailed
  • metal parts instead of plastic
  • the police magnum has a heavier sear spring and mag tube spring
  • no safety lock
  • more precise fitting and polishing of parts
  • Police shotguns are parkerized and the Express guns are matte blued
But go with the Express?! :rapid: holy moly Batman :eek: :eek: :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts