Perfect Union banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both mags work really well in the Mini. I have some of each and wouldn't make a bit of difference which I used in the ol' Ranch rifle, but to answer your question, the Masen seems closer to the original factory mags in design. And in actual tests, the Masens outperformed the PMI in full auto, the only aftermarket mag that did perform well. But since we don't have that problem of having to worry about AC-556's, I would buy whichever one I could find the best buy on. I don't have any experience with the Masen 10 rounders though. I have heard some bad things said about them so my comments are only toward the pre-ban 30 rounders.

op-rod

PS....For more info on Masen/PMI check the FAQ on magazines. Some of the stuff I mentioned can be found there.

·
Registered
689 Posts
op-rod thats about it both are well built and dependable. I guess it comes down to personel likes. The powder coat finish holds up very well on the masens . I've been surprised that more people have'nt used masens they've been on the market since 90 or 91. maybe earlier.They did cost a little more back then than Federal Ordnance(pmi) mags.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts