Perfect Union banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I can appreciate the effort folks have been putting forth to get others to contact their legislators and become more active in the political arena, especially that surrounding the 2nd Amendment, I don't think the Mini-14 section of PerfectUnion is the appropriate place.

One or two threads was sufficient to get people's attention, but now almost half of the first page is political threads. There is a section for those:
News and Political Forum

For those threads that aren't necessarily political, but pro-2A, there is the General Chit Chat Section.

Again, I'm not meaning to ruffle any feathers here, but I come to the Mini-14 section to discuss, well, Ruger Mini-14 and -30 rifles. I go to News and Politics to discuss those topics.

I can understand wanting to reach those who don't frequent (or altogether avoid) the other sections of this site, but come on, fellas. Let's keep the sections of this site geared toward their respective subject matter.

Just a suggestion from a fellow member, shooter, hunter, outdoorsman, and promoter of the Constitution as written... ;)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Amen and halleluiah.
Yes we face a difficult future, but what we need above all else is discipline and a united front.

401 Posts
I agree.

I posted a thread on ohio magazine limits in effect which might pertain to the mini 14 but I put it in the appropriate thread.

I believe I will avoid commenting on this thread about politics also. I have strayed here and there but this is the most awesome place for Mini 14 info.

While I can appreciate the effort folks have been putting forth to get others to contact their legislators and become more active in the political arena, especially that surrounding the 2nd Amendment, I don't think the Mini-14 section of PerfectUnion is the appropriate place.

One or two threads was sufficient to get people's attention, but now almost half of the first page is political threads. There is a section for those:
News and Political Forum

For those threads that aren't necessarily political, but pro-2A, there is the General Chit Chat Section.

Again, I'm not meaning to ruffle any feathers here, but I come to the Mini-14 section to discuss, well, Ruger Mini-14 and -30 rifles. I go to News and Politics to discuss those topics.

I can understand wanting to reach those who don't frequent (or altogether avoid) the other sections of this site, but come on, fellas. Let's keep the sections of this site geared toward their respective subject matter.

Just a suggestion from a fellow member, shooter, hunter, outdoorsman, and promoter of the Constitution as written... ;)

·
Registered
185 Posts
If you don't like it, don't read it. It's that simple! Just like some people don't like bloody parts of horror movies since they don't like it, they watch the movie, but don't watch the bloody parts, sorry to have gotten your happy-go-lucky way, but maybe some people should pull their head out of there, Butt and actually care whether or not they will even be allowed to keep their gun!. But no door off in Lala land. Some fantasy world. Chicken Little, the sky is falling all around you, but you just want to talk about your precious little worm! Stop PM:angry: me

·
USAF SF
220 Posts
If you don't like it, don't read it. It's that simple! Just like some people don't like bloody parts of horror movies since they don't like it, they watch the movie, but don't watch the bloody parts, sorry to have gotten your happy-go-lucky way, but maybe some people should pull their head out of there, Butt and actually care whether or not they will even be allowed to keep their gun!. But no door off in Lala land. Some fantasy world. Chicken Little, the sky is falling all around you, but you just want to talk about your precious little worm! Stop PM:angry: me
Calm down.

COBrien said exactly what needed to be said. This is the Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 forum. There is a NEWS AND POLITICAL forum, where people post about politics. I haven't seen you post once there, so before you go bashing a long-time, experienced member, look around.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
At the moment there are 283 PerfectUnion members viewing the Mini 14 forum and only 40 viewing the News and Politics forum. These are extraordinary times men. A few months ago I rarely saw political slant to Mini 14 forum posts. I suspect that will die back down if our 2A rights are upheld. But now is the time to put forth the utmost effort to preserve what the Founders fought and died for. This is our heritage. We either fight now in the arena of words and ideas, or tomorrow in the arena of lead and powder.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I don't mind a mention once in awhile in the Mini-14 form, but it's gotten out of hand.

BTW, all of his repetitive political posts have earned dawgstar a place in my Ignore List.

·
Registered
106 Posts
At the moment there are 283 PerfectUnion members viewing the Mini 14 forum and only 40 viewing the News and Politics forum. These are extraordinary times men. A few months ago I rarely saw political slant to Mini 14 forum posts. I suspect that will die back down if our 2A rights are upheld. But now is the time to put forth the utmost effort to preserve what the Founders fought and died for. This is our heritage. We either fight now in the arena of words and ideas, or tomorrow in the arena of lead and powder.
Good Point!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Easy fella. I think the point of the post is not that anyone is against 2A discussion and getting the word out. Instead, that long term discussion and organization of the defense of our rights has a forum provided. I think cross forum alerts and initial discussion is acceptable and expected on important issues, but if we just post everywhere the forum structure breaks down and the respective interest groups are isolated having the same conversation but not sharing information.

Your efforts are appreciated and have value, now it's time discuss the issues and use the political forum as intended and share information and organize action in a central point where members look for such topics.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't. I have posted in one or two of the threads, but almost a dozen threads is a bit excessive. And, for the record, the threads you started aren't the only ones I'm referring to.

I DO care about our 2nd Amendment rights. You won't find a bigger opponent to new restrictions. Nor will you find a bigger proponent of enforcing the laws already on the books.

I for one don't mind seeing these type of threads only because there is a tsunami on the horizon heading all of our way, and wether we chose to ignore it or not, it is coming to try and take away all of our rights.
Who knows, maybe someday the threads will be about the guns we once had?
I don't mind seeing the threads every now and again, but folks come to this section for Mini discussion. They go to the AR section for AR discussion. They go to the Handgun section for, well, you get the idea.

Again, I'm not opposed to a couple of threads, especially if those threads reference "anchor" threads in the News & Politics section.

The thing is that we're not "fighting" on PU. Everyone here is in agreement -- no minds are being changed about gun laws. No new ideas are being exchanged. All I'm seeing is a bunch of chest beating, back patting, and "Yeah, me too!!"

If you want to make a real difference, have a discussion with anti-gun folks. About facts. Contact your legislators. Do something other than sit around talking with other like-minded individuals about things you're already in agreement about.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks, COBrien. I totally agree with you. While I am very concerned about the gun debates going on, I come here to read about and discuss Mini 14/30s.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's been less than a month since Newtown. Ammo has all but disappeared. You can't find a Mini or AR, unless you are willing to pay double or triple. Gun owners are being exposed on the Internet. My governor and VP are using the confiscation word.

And a dozen threads on these topics are too much?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Thank you!! Put it somewhere else, not on this sub-forum

·
Registered
185 Posts
COBrien PISS OFF all of you. I was taking time out of my schedule, my resources to fight for your right to own that damn gun that all you want to do is talk about, but you evidently don't want to keep it. That's all you ass holes won't is to sit around and talk about it, but not do anything about losing it, so you deserve to lose it!!!! PISS OFF!

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
COBrien PISS OFF all of you. I was taking time out of my schedule, my resources to fight for your right to own that damn gun that all you want to do is talk about, but you evidently don't want to keep it. That's all you ass holes won't is to sit around and talk about it, but not do anything about losing it, so you deserve to lose it!!!! PISS OFF! Ask questions when a summation point/point;)
^Quoted for historical preservation.

Sir, no one is taking issue with your message. We are all merely asking that you take your message to the appropriate place so that others may more easily find it and so that it does not get lost in the other areas of the site.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts