Perfect Union banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old old vintage 10/22 that i absolutly love that my father had given me and i also have a few other rifles and handguns shotguns etc, im looking to do a ruger 10-22 build and i want it to have a finished stock that looks like this
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/ProMag-Archangel-Ruger-10-22-Conversion-Stock-Marauder-AAM1022-/00/s/MjUwWDQwMA==/$(KGrHqR,!ioE9eOwfmnUBPk33+HLs!~~60_35.JPG

i need to know what exctly all i need to i just need a completed reciever and a barrel plus the stock? ive never done a build before.. and what are good prices for a completed reciever and barrel or the items seperate.. thanks guys and any opinions would help.. please dont bash me on never building a gun before.. thanks guys!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Kenny, no bashing coming from me, just a couple of comments.
I lost my father in 2000, he was 82 when cancer got him. I inherited his hand tools, and his pistol - a Colt Model 1903 Automatic 32 caliber that was made the same year he was born, 1918. I have left it just as it was and take it out from time to time to shoot it and keep it maintained. Whenever I handle it or shoot it I remember good times with my Dad.
Keep the 10-22 as it is, and when you're an old man like me you may perhaps be glad you did.
If you want a modified 10-22, buy one from a pawn shop and use it for a donor.
Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Heck yes, keep it like it is. These are trying times and roots in the past will become more cherished and important as time goes on. Even if you tacticool it up with man Barbie stuff, keep the original wood furniture so you can restore it to old, old vintage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i agree with the 'keep the original' idea. A 10/22 'new' is not to expensive, and if you want to make it more special you can add to it. The originals have more sentimental value than you might want to think right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts