Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today I installed my pistol grip stock and muzzle brake (john masen) to my mini-14. I have to tell my rifle is a real beaty.

Now I hove that all of these ad-ons help me to reduce my groups at 100 yds. Later Ill post a photo for you

saludos desde puerto rico

marcos

:ar15:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just received my muzzlebrake today and was inquiring how you installed it. Mine is the john masen that slips over my front blade. By replacing the pin with the longer one, will that mess my sight up or what?
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
716 Posts
No, it's harmless to your sight. Just keep the short pin in case you decide to go back...

There's another post somewhere around here detailing the process of installing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks,
One more question, which is duplicated in another one of my postings titled John Masen muzzle brake...By removing the factory pin, will it allow my front blade to move and in turn, make my sights off? For instance, if it turns 1 degree counter clockwise, will my sights be off and make me shoot to the right of where I aim? Or is the front blade tight enough to stay firmly in place with the factory pin removed?

Thanks for the info. By the way my mini looks kick ars with the Butler Creek pistol grip and muzzle brake. I am anticipating better groups with the pistol grip...I seem to shoot more comfortable that way.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Mike223, I put my muzzle break on a few weeks ago, I drove out the factory pin and looked at the sight. It is pressed or bonded on. It shouldn't come loose unless you hit it hard with a hammer, the pin aligns the sight with a notch in the top of the barrel. This is what locates it. After I installed it and put the longer pin in I wiped the exterrior with oil so the stainless on the break matches the barrel. It looks good!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for the info. I got the muzzle brake succesfully installed. I was a little hesitant to start hammering away. I am learning that the mini-14 is a rugged machine. It is amazing how simple and "raw" this thing is. Highly recommended to anyone who is debating purchasing a mini-14.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts