Perfect Union banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is my new mini after I fixed her up from my oldmini.
24" Lothar Bull Barrel 1x9 twist - shoots 1/2 MOA @ 100yds.
M1 carbine adjustable rear sight.
Harris 13 to 16" swivel bipod.
3x9 Armored 40 power scope with QD zero scope mount.
Seen with a 30 round mag.
MMC tactical 3 bladed front sight.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had Accuracy Rifle Systems in TX (Tim) did the work for me last June 01. I understand a lot of people are upset with his work, however, I havent had any problems - guess I was the lucky one. But, I did about 4 months of asking questions ARS before having Tim work on it.

I am though one very satisfied customer with ARS :D

And I luv shooting the hell out of it. Incidently, when I shoot at 100 yds I also drilled 1/4 holes on the top of my target frame and placed lollipops into them and shoot them off.......:sniper:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Why did you use a scope mount? It looks like a Ranch Rifle, so why didn't you use the integral scope mounts and rings included? Only asking because I am in theprocess of putting a scope on mine, and trying to figure everyhting out. If there is a benefit to your method, please let em in on it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aloha! Public-Offer!
I went with the QD arrangement only because I can eaisly remove the scope for quick iron sight shooting and of course to switch to a different scope fast. Just my opinion, (speed) and plus its eaiser to remove when I need to store my ranch rifle in my small but modest gun safe.
:)

·
Registered
723 Posts
Very nice looking gun,makes me want another one.I have enough now I guess.No Im wrong you can never have to many Mini s.

Nice gun

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rugster...Thanks! You know I want another mini just for my son..but not until the boss (wife) says so! Gots to get her new furniture first.....I might bring home the bacon but she definitely controls how much you can eat off that bacon....lol:sniper:

·
Registered
2 Posts
woodbadge - Is it easy to install the M1 Carbine rear sight? I have some m1's and would love to have the same rear sight on my mini-14 standard, that should work, right? Is the elevation correct or do you have to compensate (ex: on the sight it says "1"-"3" for 100-300yrds, so is that correct for the Mini?) Thanx! BTW Great looking gun......the first pic is identical to my Mini right now except my muzzle break is blued, but I plan on replacing it with a Choate so that I will have the sight "wings" (my sight picture will be the same as an AR or M1)

ruger5541:p

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Sounds like it shoots as good as it looks, woodbadge!!! Very nice mini!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ruger5541, Aloha my friend! I had to shave off a tad on the M1 Carbine sight to fit in the 1/2 dovetail if thats what you want to call it on the mini to get a snug fit. Yes the "1-3 comes very close to the 100-300 yard.

Once you upgrade your mini...I'd luv to see it so post... :sniper:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by cajungeo
Sounds like it shoots as good as it looks, woodbadge!!! Very nice mini!
cajungeo...Aloha! Thanks for the comments...I like to put on a thumbhole stock some day. :sniper:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.