Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Backwoods Mountain Man
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After going through several rifles looking for one I really liked, I finally ended up with the AR-15 I should have bought to begin with. I've wanted one since being in the Marine Corps and carrying an M4 on 3 deployments. Due to the panic I've been keeping an eye out for a decent deal, and when this popped up on a local board I grabbed it. I sold my Ruger mini 30 earlier in the day. I had done quiet a bit of work to the Ruger, including an archangel stock, and I still wasn't happy with the fact that it refused to shoot steel cased ammo reliably. So I sold it at a small profit, and picked this up for $1k even. Heres the parts list

Spike's Tactical 16" M4 Profile MPI Chrome Lines barrel, Carbine length
YHM Low Profile Gas block
A2 Flash Hider
MI Pattern Mid Length Free Float Quad Rail
Aero Precision Upper
M16 BCG, staked key
Magpul MBUS Gen 2 front and rear sights

Aero Forged Lower
CMMG LKP
Magpul MOE Trigger Guard
M4 6 position commercial stock
Nylon Web Sling
E-Lander 30 round Magazine

The rifle had 30 rds through it to sight it in, then got safed when the panic hit for ammo conservation. Anyways thought Id share the news. :D

Ill add pics when I can

·
Backwoods Mountain Man
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pictures as promised

·
Backwoods Mountain Man
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Im really enjoying it so far. I ran 200 rds through it today and didnt have a single hiccup. As far as an optic, when money allows I plan to do an aim point micro or something similar. The goal is to keep it light and fast.

Sent from behind my anvil in ye olde smithy

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
Thanks Im really enjoying it so far. I ran 200 rds through it today and didnt have a single hiccup. As far as an optic, when money allows I plan to do an aim point micro or something similar. The goal is to keep it light and fast.

Hi Spots,
That's a really nice rig! Congrats!!

If you don't mind adding a little weight you could consider a Millett DMS1 1-4x30 on a QD Burris PEPR mount - I really like mine!

Best,
Grumpy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Back on topic,

Spots, you may want to look at the Vortex Strikefire. It is a great sight and will save you a ton of money over any Aimpoint.
Aimpoint is nice, but the Vortex is quite worth looking at. I have had one for about a year now and have been pleased, even compared against Aimpoints that I have had in the past.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Funny you should mention Arero Precision. I am completing a build for my CO using a Lower from them.. I got this dumped on me when my MSgt backed out of the deal after holding his money for 4 months. All I was given was a stripped lower and $1000 cash to try and complete a post Sandy hook build.. One that was supposed to be completed BEFORE the election.. LOL

The only complaint that I had was that it was barely in spec for the front pivot pin. I had to actually work at getting the upper to mate with the lower because the gap where the upper reciever fits into was barely milled wide enough to fit. I almost had to take a file to it also the trigger was almost too wide to fit into the lower reciever I also had to try and wiggle it in for several minutes before it finally dropped in.

I'm glad yours is working for you!

·
Backwoods Mountain Man
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Funny you should mention Arero Precision. I am completing a build for my CO using a Lower from them.. I got this dumped on me when my MSgt backed out of the deal after holding his money for 4 months. All I was given was a stripped lower and $1000 cash to try and complete a post Sandy hook build.. One that was supposed to be completed BEFORE the election.. LOL

The only complaint that I had was that it was barely in spec for the front pivot pin. I had to actually work at getting the upper to mate with the lower because the gap where the upper reciever fits into was barely milled wide enough to fit. I almost had to take a file to it also the trigger was almost too wide to fit into the lower reciever I also had to try and wiggle it in for several minutes before it finally dropped in.

I'm glad yours is working for you!
That sucks lol. I love it when they do **** like that. This lower is nice and tight with no wobble, but not to the point that it needed clearanceing or anything like that. I just don't know why I played around so long with that Kel Tec SU-16 and the Mini 30. Both were good rifles, but neither was what I really wanted

·
ANTI anti-gun activist
1,287 Posts
sorry attaching this thread to profile-- got re-opened woooohoooo !

·
Registered
182 Posts
I sold my Ruger mini 30 earlier in the day. I had done quiet a bit of work to the Ruger, including an archangel stock, and I still wasn't happy with the fact that it refused to shoot steel cased ammo reliably. So I sold it at a small profit
I bought a stainless Mini-30.

Sold it and bought an AR-15.

Sold the AR-15 and got another stainless Mini-30.

Sold the Mini-30 and got yet another AR-15.

"What in the....!" :wacko:

My Mini-30's functioned well with Wolf steel cased ammo, but I always worried about breaking a firing pin and then having to try to send them back to the factory, with shortened barrels and ofher alterations that would most likely cause Ruger to refuse to do any repairs on them anyway and I'd be stuck.

I've decided that I'm going to hang on to my new AR this time.

We both did pretty much the same thing, and ended up with AR's.

I have no regrets.

Enjoy yours! (looks pretty cool BTW) :cool:

·
ANTI anti-gun activist
1,287 Posts
lol buy and hk or something good not a crapheap

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.