Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I would like an area on this website that people can put their photos of their Mini 14s or Mini 30s,

People that dress up their Minis ect

:p

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ya, its fun looking at what others have done to their mini.
Probably don't need a special section, just post em here.
I think one of the best improvements is to move the sling swivels to the left side of the rifle. Makes it easier to sling with an extended mag.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
gunrunner, I think thats a good idea. Why don't you try it, and we will follow suite. I would have to have my film developed, they now develop film on a floppy. Maby it would work, if the picture didn't exceed the 102.4 kb. Waffen attached some dead rabbit pictures using thumbnails.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi cajungeo

My mini 14 is not dressed up, I was wanting to learn from others, to see what scopes they have ect, because some scopes look better than others.

I'm looking for more minis to buy, but at the right price. Always looking.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sling swivel pictures.
I dont have any yet.
I need to put the thing back together and do that.
Ther rear one i just removed the factory one and screwed it into the side of the stock.
The front one i removed. Had a friend here at work weld a swivel loop on the side of the lower gas block.
You could also remove the factory front swivel and drill out the hole. Then bolt on a detach swivel stud. They make them with wood and machine threads.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm looking for more minis to buy, but at the right price. Always looking

I've got a mini-14 SS with a black warrior double muzzle brake and a B-Square scope mount for sale. About 300 rounds through it. SN#196-XXXXX

Sweet gun. I've got a synth stock (factory) Walnut(factory) and a folder. I am still debating on what to part with. I guess make me an offer. Be nice :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Mike223

Thanks for your offer but I live in New Zealand so their maybe a problem, to much paperwork on your side & maybe you would need a permit?

It's very hard to buy a rifle, without seeing it first & looking down the barrel to see how much life their is, as the barrel is the most costly part to replace.

The SN 196 are great rifles.

:ar15: :samurai:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well, the top one is my 196 rifle. It has a Black Warrior Muzzle Brake and scope mount (B-Square). Right now I have a mag light attached for those late night varmints. The synthetic stock came with the 196 but I am finding the wood stock, in spite of the common problems with expanding, is better fitting for me. My accuracy greatly improved. I think it could be the extra weight. Who knows. The lower rifle is a 185. Pre-ban I hope? Not too many mods yet. Fairly new to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
please do your self a favor mike and get a 9 volt sure fire light or the stinger with the 3" head, they are alot lighter and brighter than any d cell.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey boogeyman,
I hear ya. Just makin' do with what I got around the house! I stuck that on after I had a run in with a skunk nosing around at night. I could use a brighter one but probably will sink some money into my preban first!

Thanks,

·
Registered
567 Posts
I think you might oughta read the laws again. Not to through water on you fire but---And I'm not a lawyer!!!! If I'm not mistaken the law says something like---"If'n it weren't an asault weapon before the date you can't make it one after."

Just my 2¢
Bushwack

·
Registered
11 Posts
She has a Haako Halo Sight mounted on a Ranch Products scout mount. Hogue over-moulded stock, and HK style Flashhider. Shoot very smooth. Bought it cheap from a pawn shop and dressed her up. Coyote Killer.:ar15:

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Mike223
your rifles looks good.

Question: to send that rifle to another country, you would need a permit? or is it just for the shop Dealers?

The wooden stock is better for some people, I like it because it's a little heavier than the plastic, I notice only when I'm standing up & shooting, not with the harris bi-pod, in prone position.

Mike223 how is the 185 rifles when shooting, are they just as good as the newer ones?
:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Gunrunner,
The 185 shoots just as good as the 196. Both are about the same as far as accuracy goes. Your typical mini groups. The 185 seems a little tighter in the action than the 196. The 185 might have a heavier spring. Who knows. Both are dang nice rifles. Throw brass less than 10'. I'm keeping the preban and am planning on doing a triggerjob and bedding the stock and maybe tweaking the gas block.

Bushwack,
I would like to read up on the laws. I haven't come across anything saying that. But I will hold off on doing any mods on the preban to be safe.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hey shawbran -
How well do the iron sights work with that scope mount? (I mean, with no scope mounted :) )
I'm thinkin of gettin one myself but want to be sure that the iron sights still have good clearance when nothing is mounted.
:ar15:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Gunrunner12,

Very nice.
I am digging the stock you have. Almost looks like wood? But black? What brand is it?

No front iron. Do you only use your scope? From the picture, I can't tell if it is a ranch or not.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Mike223

The stock came with the rifle, I think the stock was created by the last owner?

Yes the rifle is a ranch model, but has a near new after market barrel, 17 rounds through it. it's 20 inches long.

The rifle works well, with PMC 64 grain but I will have to go to cheap military rounds soon.

Yes I only use the scope. This scope will be up graded as it's a very cheap one, smaller scope would be better.

I think that a shorter barrel would be better, but shoots really well with the 20" barrel.

The rifle would be called a pre band rifle, I think that's what you guys call it in America, it's where you can use the large mags within the law.

:sniper:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.