Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a picture of the rifle that is up for grabs for one lucky person. Scope and sling are not included. This is a NIB Ruger Mod. 77 MkII in 35 Whelen Limited Edition. Good luck to the lucky person.

Attachments

No Longer Involved
All-

AlleninAlaska has put up the above rifle as a PerfectUnion Rifle Giveaway!

Here are PRELIMINARY DRAFT RULES (in other words, they are in flux until this becomes official).

Please comment on the rules over the next 24 hours, and then we'll kick this sucker off!

THE RULES (PROPOSED):
-The rifle will be transferred via FFL, so the winner must be able to legally accept this firearm transfer via FFL in their state of primary residence.
-Winners will be selected randomly aproximately one week after the 2000th member has joined the PerfectUnion BBS Forums.
-In order to be eligible for winning, members must be active (have logged in to the BBS within the last 15 days).
-People who purposely register more than once will be disqualified.
-Terms of promotion subject to change, without notice.
-Winners will be posted in an announcement that appears on all forums of the BBS.
-The Administrator of the (Bill Plein) will draw the winning user ID #, and is therefor ineligible for the contest. All moderators ARE eligible, as they are not paid personnel and have no control over the drawing process.
-Void where prohibited by law.

------added 3/17---------
- Winner will use an FFL of their choice, local to them, to handle the transfer on their end. After receipt of a signed copy of the FFL, the rifle will be shipped to the designated FFL.
- Winner is responsible for any fees charged by their FFL.

No Longer Involved
Originally posted by tunedcivic
could it be sent to a gunshop (that has FFL)? because i dont have my own FFL
Of course!

The rifle will be transferred as if it were being sold across state lines (which requires the use of an FFL to handle the transfer).

Yes, there are exceptions to that rule, but in order to keep everything legal for myself and for AlleninAlaska, we'll handle the winner (under every circumstance) via an FFL transfer.

This means that I need to add wording like:

- Winner will use an FFL of their choice, local to them, to handle the transfer on their end. After receipt of a signed copy of the FFL, the rifle will be shipped to the designated FFL.
- Winner is responsible for any fees charged by the FFL and any governing bodies in their state of residency.

Registered
Originally posted by Bill

The rifle will be transferred as if it were being sold across state lines (which requires the use of an FFL to handle the transfer).

Yes, there are exceptions to that rule, but in order to keep everything legal for myself and for AlleninAlaska, we'll handle the winner (under every circumstance) via an FFL transfer.

This means that I need to add wording like:

- Winner is responsible for any fees charged by the FFL and any governing bodies in their state of residency.
Very generous of you guys to allow this to come together. Thanks to you on behalf of all of the members.

Registered
DOH! We're only at 902 members.

Come on guys, get those emails flying to boost our numbers! Anyone you know who owns a gun... let them know about this forum... your mom, your grandma, anyone!

If every one of us gets just one new member, we will double, its that simple.

Registered
I've not been on the lucky side, so I must be about due. Bring it on! I have a friend at work that bought a mini, we will try and get him aboard tommorrow! Thank you for the donation alaska, and Bill for your hard work. I assume they can join any of the Perfect Union forums?

Registered
Well, I just joined (didn't know about the drawing until afterwards). Do you think a 35 whelen is enough gun for Kodiaks?:eek:

No Longer Involved
I'm sorry for the delay. I've been real busy at work (tech startup!).

I'm going to post the rules soon. It has been so long, I need to validate them with AllenInAlaska.

We'll set a target for number of users on the system, and then we'll draw then for the user. All active users will be eligible. I'll post the requirements for "active" soon.

No Longer Involved
OK, so let me make it official. I'll get some numbers, and come of with the wording. Be right back...

No Longer Involved
Rifle Giveaway is ON!

Check it out!

Rules

Registered
Just read about this site and contest and had to sign up :D.

Looks like a great site so far - I haven't had a chance to browse much yet, but expect to see more of me - like it or not....

A big thanks to AllenInAlaska for putting this on. I was going to ask if you were a shop owner, and if so I could stop by - then I noticed you are up in Bethel. I'm in Anchorage.

So all you have to do for the contest is enter the last 5 of your DL right?

No Longer Involved
Yes, the last 5 digits of the DL (or State ID if you don't have a DL).

I'm surprised that as of this time, only 99 people have signed up. The odds are a LOT better for each individual than I had previously thought would be happening.

Registered
I have just joined before I knew of the rifle give-away but I will still accept it anyway:D :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts