Perfect Union banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if we are to preserve our right to gun ownership something needs to be done being only one person i will ask all of you to help. please boycot this company and email them to tell them that they must not try to destroy our 2nd ammendment.

BOYCOTT SARA LEE CORPORATION !

Women Against Gun Control urges its members and gun rights supporters everywhere to participate in a world-wide boycott of Sara Lee products. The boycott is to protest Sara Lee's presentation, November 6th, 1997, of its "Humanities" award to Sarah Brady, as well as its donation of $50,000 to the Center to Prevent Handgun Violence.

The Center to Prevent Handgun Violence is chaired by a person who has repeatedly called for bans on the private ownership of defensive weapons. Such measures are not only violations of the Constitution but also disarm law-abiding citizens, making them easy targets for criminals.

Please do what you can to help spread the word about this important citizen initiative.

YOU CAN MAKE THIS BOYCOTT SUCCESSFUL

Stop buying products distributed by Sara Lee or it's subsidiaries (Sara Lee, Ball Park, Hillshire Farm, Jimmy Dean, Aoste, Douwe Egberts, Hanes, Hanes Her Way, L'eggs, Bali, Playtex, Champion, Coach, Dim, Sanex and Kiwi).
Let your friends know about the boycott.
Let Sara Lee know that you disapprove of its efforts to undermine your second amendment rights.

CALL - WRITE - FAX - EMAIL SARA LEE TODAY !

Contact Info
Sara Lee Corporation
Three First National Plaza
Chicago, IL 60602-4260
(800) 621-5235
Fax: 312-558-8653
To send your message electronically, go to theSara Lee Web Site (www.saralee.com), click on the mission link, scroll to the bottom of the page, then click the suggestions link.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Thanks for the info You may want to add progressive insuarance to the list they are owned by a left wing pot smoker who just gave 8 million dollars to the ACLU. Also HALLMARK greeting card they gave millions to the antigun groups and where majoir sponcers of the million mom march.

Boycots by progun groups do work look at smith & wession.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Don't sweat it G L .Before I knew about it I bought them too. The important thing is now we know and we won't allow them to use our money to destroy our freedoms.

The only way gun owners will find out about these things is for other gun owners to tell them because no pro gun group has issued a list of companys that are pro or anti gun that I know of yet. you'ld think a good way to show a group like the NRA is doing somthing is to mail list of anti gun co to every americian but I guess there to busy fundraising.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks buddy, I have given them my opinion. Don't know that it will help but we'll see if there is a responce.

Clicked on their "contact" and left an email message.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
(Sara Lee, Ball Park, Hillshire Farm, Jimmy Dean, Aoste, Douwe Egberts, Hanes, Hanes Her Way, L'eggs, Bali, Playtex, Champion, Coach, Dim, Sanex and Kiwi).

Let me get this right. No more fake cream-filled cupcakes, greasy sausage, underwear, or bras. Yep. I can live with that!

On a more serious note: Thanks for the info. Our opinion can/does make a difference. I see K Mart is closing more stores too. I just feel for the people who lose thier jobs.

G

·
You guys are going to think I'm either dumb as rocks or a complete hick, but I've never heard of a lot of those brands. I don't watch television or read very many popular magazines, so I don't see very many advertisements. Combine that with the fact that I buy as much as possible at farmer's markets/flea markets, used, and via Internet due to a hatred of crowds and big stores and a strong dislike for sales tax. When I do go to a store its a tractor supply company or a local shop. I've been inside a Wal-mart exactly once in the past three years.

I've never heard of Aoste, Douwe Egberts, Coach, Dim, Sanex, or Bali. Kiwi as in shoe polish kiwi? Champion as in spark plugs? I think I've already boycotted all of them but Kiwi, if it is the shoe polish people, already.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Concerning: Aoste, Douwe Egberts, Coach, Dim, Sanex, Bali, Kiwi

Hmmm: Coach makes very expensive women's purses etc.. Bali makes bras, and I don't know about the others unless Kiwi is shoe polish. Don't make no nevermind. I'm not gonna buy any of those things neither. This is an easy boycott!

Take care and don't let those hogs get ya!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here's one more for ya, Levi Straus. (sp) I read that in one of the gun mags a couple years ago. If anyone knows different, or can confirm it let me know. I haven't bought any of their jeans since and that used to be all I wore.
John

·
Registered
127 Posts
Doc,
I think we're all in the same boat, I don't know the brands any better than you do and go in just about as many stores.

Jwb, heard the same thing just yesterday on Levis, what gives there?

G

·
Carhart jeans are made in the US and wear like iron. Wranglers are made in the US, too, but I don't think they last quite as long.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The Levis was another major sponcore of the million mom march (altho there where onlt about 40k in real life) there use to be a list of the major suportors I'll see if I can hunt it down.
I started wearing Wrangler about 5 years ago I use to wear only Levis till I got married .I can honstely say I think they are as good or better them Levis.Besides my butt was alot smaller 5 years ago and I don't belive Levis could hold it now.RIPPPPP:eek:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Thanks to all pro-gun boycotters for making a difference! And thanks for the heads-up on Hallmark!

Levi-Strauss is headquartered in San Francisco, CA. And the yuppies there are so-o-o anti-gun. They are also anti-Boyscouts - do I need to explain that one? They are running the company into the ground and that is music to my ears! To try and broaden their marketing base, they have several brandnames. Dockers is the most familiar. Do not buy their pants, their shirts, their belts, their shoes, or any damn thing! Do not give your money to the green-haired nipple-ring perverts who are waging a culture war to seduce your sons and daughters!

Are there any card makers that are pro-gun? I don't mean cards with slogans like "love is a warm .45"! But a company that contributes in some small way to the preservation of traditional values, including our right to Keep and Bear Arms.

I switched long distance service to Marathon USA because they contribute 10% of their profits to a pro-gun organization that you specify. It is heartening to know that some of my dollars are going in the right direction!

Try this for fun. When Sprint or MCI or AT&T telemarketers call, tell them "I have long distance service with a company that supports my gun rights. Your company is doing all it can to take my guns away by supporting the anti-gun agenda." Then when they say "You're never sure what causes a corporation is supporting and we can save you money", then say, "It's not about me saving money. It's about my money going to take away my CIVIL RIGHT to own as many guns as I want." Try it. It's fun! They're always trying to sell to you, try to sell them on your message! It's good practice!

P.S.: Don't tell them your name or the name of your long distance carrier, that's all the information they need to slam you!

Warm regards to all that dare to use their mouth and money toward the preservation of American ideals,

KC
:usa:

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can add Radio Shack (electronic stuff) and Blockbusters (rent a movie) to that list. Unfortunatly there are so many of the major corps that are trying to stay politically correct and donateing to what their corporate leaders believe that the huddled masses want that it is almost impossable to not buy from one that donates to anti firearms or anti hunting. But we can purchase as little as possable.

·
Registered
127 Posts
No doubt IH, the list grows longer. But, this deal with AARP is really bothering me. How many members like myself have no idea this has been going on.
When you think about it, these folks are of the generation that grew up with guns in their homes. I can't believe that the majority would support that line of thought.
Dropping my membership is a given, how to let the masses know is the problem.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
A good way to keep up-to-date on Corporate activites such as these is to read your American Rifleman magazine monthly, or go to www.nra.org and then check out the nraila link (National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action).

I'm sure you are all members anyway, right? If for some reason you aren't, you can still access the site.

(And you can join on-line too)!

:usa:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I try to do my part in not buying from companies and corporations that donate to the antis! It gualds my butt when the wife comes home with some product that I've told her not to buy because of it! GHD

1 - 18 of 18 Posts