Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Henry Golden Boy 22 lr..
Does anybody know about installing a Skinner peep sight on the barrel using the two screw holes on the barrel do you have to change the front barrel site?
Thank you for the help
AVG

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have a Henry Frontier and have heard from many people that really like that skinner sight. I personally went with a Williams peep sight to mount on the dovetail.

I don't think you need to switch the front sight but I could be mistaken

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Skinner peep for now

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was at the range today after installing a new rear sight on this Henry. It was a Skinner sight i went for, it will do for now untill i look into these tang sights. This was a barrel mounted peep sight that you install to the two screw holes which are under the rear dovetail sight. It was easy to remove the sight and install a slot blank. This rifle was shooting to the right on the last trip to the range.I ajusted the rear sight on that trip. I didnot like how far i had to move that sight to get it on target. When installing the Skinner i looked at the front sight and found that it was way off. I centered the front sight while installing the rear.I did not have to move the rear peep on this trip only ajusted the peep for the height.
It shot good groups on this trip right on target..........................

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.