Perfect Union banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Formerly "raf"
3,871 Posts
No Expert but looks a bit worse than some other pix of the same thing/area. Some surface/finish wear is normal in these areas, but yours might be excessive. Hard to say from the pix, but almost looks like the "peened" area was originally a bit "proud" of the rest of the flat surface on rear of bolt. Using a straight edge, can you possibly determine if this is still so?

Again, no Expert, but suspect the rear of the bolt was not properly "squared-off" and a bit of it (where "peening" has occurred) stood "proud" (IOW raised) above where it ought to have been.

Has your Mini ever suffered from "light" hammer strikes on the firing pin, and possibly inconsistent ignition of the primers?

Is it possible that a "Heavy-Duty" Hammer spring was installed?

What does the part of the hammer that strikes the surface of the bolt look like? Is there a dent or deformation of the hammer that corresponds to the "peened" area on the bolt?

How many rounds through the Mini?

Model number of the Mini, please-- first 3 digits of Serial Number.

·
Formerly "raf"
3,871 Posts
Here's my post from last year for more info on this. Please don't bump it. I haven't done anything to it since but I've not shot it either yet.

That link above looks helpful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts