Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any members observe the first fruits (barley harvest) Sabbath? I have joined with congregation in past years that did however now not able to go to gathering. Just interested anyone observe - Free & Co likely going to Mardi Gras. Take plenty beads.

·
Registered
27,307 Posts
I used to follow the Sabbath weekly, on Friday Night I'd come home with a bottle of wine and a loaf of bread, had the wine and bread for dinner and then fasted and rested until Saturday Night, dusk to dusk.

That was when I was new to the faith and was really learning on my own, not putting any of my trust in churches. I grew out of that and finally started attending church, joined the ministry team, and spent the next decade serving in three different states in mostly non-denominational churches, many of which observed traditional feasts, but I haven't for a long time now.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
We have Jewish friends and employees and usually get invited to a traditional Passover seder every year. We find it interesting, educational, and a warm family gathering. Theological thought is still divided on whether The Last Supper of Jesus was a Passover seder or just a typical Jewish family and friend gathering/meal. Interestingly, though Leonardo's painting of "The Last Supper" is the most well-known, many other artists, including modern ones, have painted the scene.

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
We have Jewish friends and employees and usually get invited to a traditional Passover seder every year. We find it interesting, educational, and a warm family gathering. Theological thought is still divided on whether The Last Supper of Jesus was a Passover seder or just a typical Jewish family and friend gathering/meal. Interestingly, though Leonardo's painting of "The Last Supper" is the most well-known, many other artists, including modern ones, have painted the scene.
so you label your friends by race and religion..how racist....Proper way would be " we have friends that are Jewish"...not put what they are first..

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
so you label your friends by race and religion..how racist....Proper way would be " we have friends that are Jewish"...not put what they are first..
It is not likely we'd be invited to a Passover Seder being held by our Methodist, Baptist, or Mormon friends, right? You're nit-picking.

·
Cognitive Dissident
2,750 Posts
At least he didn't say, "Some of my best friends are Jewish."

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No chance for me to observe traditional Seder but return home tomorrow so can keep the week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts