Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a Mini be parkerized??? I had a blue one, that I wanted parked, just because... I know there's much better finishes out there, but I just like the look.

Contacted a gunsmith I had delt with before. He told me Mini's can't be parkerized, because of the composition of the metals.:confused:

True? Not? Anyone ever see a Mini parkerized? What's the next best choice of aftermarket finishes, for a blued Mini? Thanks...

·
Registered
716 Posts
Back in a former life, I dealt with equipment which saw high temperatures (400-650'F), and adhesives which would stick to the machinery. This would gum up the machinery, so we had to find a coating for the steel that would make the adhesives easy to remove. We looked into "plasma coating" technologies and found some VERY good solutions. Figure paying about $0.45-$0.60 per sq. in.

These coatings can be applied to virtually any material. Some of these coatings, you cannot stick duct tape, super glue, etc. NOTHING sticks!

As far as durability: The salespeople at the tradeshows demonstrated using scissors to scrape a plate with these coatings and you could not see any marring of the surface.
This may be a good solution for you, if you are willing to spend the $.

For more info, call Craig Gustavson at Plasma Coatings, Inc.
http://www.plasmacoatings.com. They are based out of Minneapolis, MN.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts