Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used some wood spackling to fill in some dents in my stock.
Now I want to blend in the spackling with paint.
Any sugestions on what type of paint to use???

Thanks,
Espi:confused:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the same question, doesnt anyone know? Id like to be able to paint a stock like the whamo-camo guys do....but what kind of paint is it?
/D

·
Registered
24 Posts
The McMillan stock company uses Polyurathane paint on thier stocks. Most others use a similar product, utilizing several coats. I haven't looked yet, but I plan on camo-ing my own stock soon. I'll post after I find something. If you find out anything, post us as well.
Good luck,
Todd
:confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've found when PAINTING wood it gets a little tricky! For example, if you use a spray paint then put polyurithane over it, the poly. will eventually bubble and flake off! Now when painting I use a clear laquer in a spray can. (the high temp clear for engines is'nt supposed to yellow!) For a camo job I'd go to WAL-MART, and get a cheap TESTORS airbrush. AS far as paint for camo, acyrilic is cheap and some brands are water resistant. Myself, I'd clearcoat this also!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Duracoat will work on wood, that is what it says on their site. Waiting for my kit to come right now so I can give it a shot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts