Perfect Union banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ALL

Just joined this forum and this is my first post. My question is, I have an original m14 selectfire rifle. But, it has a cylinder lock on it. I dont have much intrest in standing behind this rifle on full-auto but I like to know how it works. How does the lock come off and where would I find the little switch that turns it on and off?

Thanks

Also, the barrel/rifle is in great shape, what kinde of accuracy can I expect out of a mil-spec rifle. Its a standard rifle, not a NM or anything along those lines...

·
Registered
689 Posts
Steve that thing must be worth some big bucks$$$ can,t be many of those around. There are some RKI,s around here on 14,s SixT and Bill, others as well. Someone should help ya.

·
No Longer Involved
2,492 Posts
I'm all book knowledge so far.... I've studied the -14 for so long, but haven't built one up yet.

I've posted to the M1-M14 list for help. We'll see if anyone steps up and gives us the real scoop.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Steve Young.....
Will be checking with my partner, who is quite knowledgeable with the 14 and should have an answer for ya shortly, unless someone beats me to the punch. Welcome aboard sir and don't be a stranger round these parts. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:eek:

Thanks guys,

Flak, This rifle is part of a gov. program where the DOD will issue surplus weapons to local law enforcement agencies. While one of these things would be worth alot on the civilian market, It would be much more expensive for me if it got away from me. About 10-15 in a federal prison. But it's a GREAT looking rifle. Oh Yeah, we also got some gov. models at the same time we got the rifles.....they are pretty sweet too, not all shot out like your hear from the vets.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Steve Y.....
You might wish to check with places like Federal Ordinance, DSA and Sarco, who can be found in the Shotgun News magazines. One or all, used to carry fire control parts for the 14, but not sure which one it was and not sure wether they still do or not. I am assuming that you are a LEO of some sort....correct? Does this weapon belong to your department or you personally?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SixT

Thanks for the info. Yes, I'm and LEO and the rifle belongs to the dept. but is issued out to me. I dont really want to make any modifications to it but it would be neat to see what the thing is like in, as Bill called it, go fast mode. We also have locked up in the safe a few other select fire weapons. One of them is a Glock 18. I'm not a big fan of glocks or 9mm, but it is a blast( pun intended) to shoot.

Take Care
Steve

·
Registered
11 Posts
It must be really neat to have a title granted to you by the government (Law enforcement officer)that entitles you to exercise rights and priviledges that the rest of us do not have. WOW! Of course the FACT that the old CONSTITUTION expressly FORBIDS the issuing of titles of nobility is irrelevant. Since the CONSTITUTION isn't really the LAW any more that little title of nobility prohibition can be ignored, along with every other prohibition contain in the CONSTITUTION.
Ask yourself one question. What kind of world are you leaving for your children. They are not going to be exempt just because their daddy was a LEO.:usa: :trooper:

·
No Longer Involved
2,492 Posts
Come on, take it out of the M14 section and over to Chit Chat where I don't police for politics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts