Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

first of all thanks for wach one of you to have such a great forum available for the Ruger Mini 14's. i love the topics here that yall talk about.

anyways, i just order my Christmas Gift a Ruger mini 14 with ATI stock.
i think i'm gonna love this piece of work. how do the owners like the comfortness of ATI stock ? if you do own one let me know. :)

Also i purchased a Tasco Target/ Varmint 2.5-10x42 Matte Riflescope with mildot. does any one own this scope or a midot scope i would like some tips on how to set mine up that will be home soon. i have never owned a scope before and this mildot is going to be very new feature to me. i researched on it and i believe i noe the basics by now.

but guys what grain .223 should i be using in order to get longer ranges on my mini-14 since i have heard people saying 55 Grain is the best you can use anything beyond will cause more recoil ? is that true

:unsure:

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Yea heavier bullets will recoil more then light ones do but with the 5,56-.233 Remington Recoil is very light. For longer ranges I shoot 69 and 77 grain bullets but I also have a 1-7 twist barrel. Heavier bullets will buck the wind better and retain more energy at longer ranges then light ones do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey! Congratulations on the new Mini. I love my ATI stock. I can use it fully extended and then shorten it up a bit for my son. Very comfortable!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts