Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you AK fans I want to join the club and I have been checking out the VEPR's from Robinson Arms. They look good and most stuff I have seen says they are one of the best Russian Aks around. Any opinions?

I have my eye on a 308 carbine version since large capacity mags are a NOGO here in NJ, and I currently don't have a 308.

TC:cannon:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I hear they're of very high quality, and I checked out Robinson's site, and they seem to have some awesome features. I mean, they even designed it so the barrel won't over-heat as fast as standard AK's! That's brilliant!

·
Banned
167 Posts
Actually, the barrel is so thick, it takes awhile to overheat. The VEPR is one heck of a gun. Very over-engineered, with a super-reinforced receiver and super-heavy barrel. Check the receiver graphics on Robinson's site. There is nothing quite like pulling the bolt back just a bit on the VEPR and looking into the action and chamber. LOTS of thick steel in there!!!!! Very solid. And very accurate. And, it's an AK-so no worry about malfunctions.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys, But money was the final factor. I ended up with a Romak WASR 10 in 7.62X39 for $239 and the new Saiga 308 carbine for $349. Both are reliable solid rifles and I got 2 AK types for the price of 1 VEPR. They were bought several months apart so cash outlay was much easier on the wallet.

TC:rapid:

·
Registered
689 Posts
I don't have any trigger time with one but the few I've seen up close seemed very well made. Never heard any complaints either.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have a VEPR K .223 and its a great gun,its reliable shoots great and it does have a descent trigger.And its built like a tank.But I cant really say it has alot over my Romanian SAR-1's except better looks,and better 100yrd accuracy.Just my 2 cents

Best!! :usa:

·
Registered
236 Posts
personal exp. with the vepr is that they are built like a tank and will more than likely out last the owner. I have 2 milled ak-47s and I am saving up for a vepr as soon as my 4 th ar is built and my fal is built wont be long now parts on order for the fal and the reciever has been bought for the 4th ar should be a couple of months :lol: I've shot them and they are very pleasent to shoot extremly accurate what else could you want in a sthf weapon of course I love my milled aks and my galil and my H&K91 and my m-14 scout and my ar-15's oops sorry i got carried away.... :D :D :D :D :D :D

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts