Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
They are pricey (Baer AR's). I have not seen much in the way of reviews on'm. Sounds like they do most of their parts in house so I would expect top quality. I think they also guarantee it to shoot under MOA with THEIR specified loads. Most of the top manufactures offer something in the way of varmint or match rifles. If your not going to handload or buy top notch ammo for a highly tuned rifle you won't see the rewards. If most of your shooting will be with surplus ball and such you'd be better served by a Bushmaster or other decent AR.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I am starting a AR build and I am looking hard at a les baer upper and lower stripped they are about 50 - 100 bucks more but may be worth it to build the best gun possable.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Les Baer's AR's may not be the best AR..... but the workmanship is something else. A friend has one. I compared it to my Olympic and my Colt. I think where they spend much time is in the tolerance of the weapon. When you close anything on the weapon, it goes click. No daylight can be seen through the upper and lower unit. Think the only way I can compare it, is to say it is a Rolex compared to a Timex. But its way out of my price range...:(

·
Registered
411 Posts
THanks Coyote So you think an extra 50 bucks for a less baer lower or a flat 300 for a les upper and lower mechined together is worth it?

All Items are stripped

·
Registered
630 Posts
For sure..........$50 dollars.........I think you would be a happy camper..........errrrr........shooter......:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts