Whats your opinion on ;

Rock river uppers/ BCG's
Vs
Del-ton

20" barrel or 16" mid length?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Rock River over Del Ton any day IMO. As for barrel length, I prefer a 20" but it really depends on the individual and what you intend to do with it.

·
Pontifex Discordia
1,503 Posts
Carbines will have a little bit more of a recoil than a 20 inch barrel, but its a 5.56 or 223, nothing anyone can't handle.
The 29 inch barrel will give the bullet a little bit more speed than the 16 inch barrel. The carbine will be better for home defense (if that is your purpose), and the 20 will be better for longer range shots, but still wont compete with a bolt action 223 with a longer barrel.
I prefer the 48" barrels. I can zip a 55g pill to 4300fps with these. Great for home defense too. Guaranteed fragmentation of FMJs at that velocity.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wasn't talking about carbine lengths

Mid length 16" vs a 20" rifle length

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
48" barrel!!!!!!!
How would you swing that around the doorway? Maybe use it like a bat!

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
On the AR15's that I don't own anymore, I had a 18 inch bull and a 20 inch A2. My third was a 300 Blackout and its a 16. The 16 was very handy. The Rock River that I owned has the sweetest trigger and tightest build.

·
Pontifex Discordia
1,503 Posts
If Freesw aka Strake had a job, he would probably save up a corvette, to make up for his little brain :lol::lol::lol:
Fantasizing again, are we? If I had a job, I'd much rather spend a little money on a Corvette than a lot of money on a loony girlfriend like you. I'd get some enjoyment from the car. I can imagine... a cool breeze caressing my face while cruising down the highway, gently tussling my hair... You, on the other hand, make the coldest Alaskan winter's night seem like a hot summer's day on the equator. I break out in cold sweat when reminded of that endless cyclonic howl of hatred and dementia spewing from your mouth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts