Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have scanned the ranch model manual onto my computer. I don't know of one on line, but if you send me an email telling me what pages of the manual or subject area you are looking for, I can send you the pages you need. It's 30 something pages long so it's kind of a pain in the ass to send the entire thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike Mcdonald, thanks for your reply, and offer. I won't ask you to send me the scanned pages, I called Ruger and they are sending me a manual. Thanks anyway.

I took my 14 apart and found that the little piece that goes from the tiny hole in the barrell to the part that directs the gas to recock the gun had damaged the holes seat in the barrell not allowing the gas to pass properly. The allen screws that hold the two sides of the piece that mounts the gas parts to the barrell had worked loose causing all this, and obviously I did not notice the problem until it was too late.I don't know the proper terms for this stuff. I was going to take my gun to a gun smith to have it re drilled but decided to try using my dremmel tool to resize the hole....guess what...I fixed it !...it fires and reloads great now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That thing that has the screws in it is the gas block, and the little part that fits in the hole in the barrel is the gas block bushing.
To keep the screws from rattling loose again, get some blue lock-tite at your local auto parts store. I think it's Lock-tite 242.
Put a small drop on each screw, then tighten them up. You won't have a repeat of your problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts