Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed my Fajen Thumbhole Silhouette stock in my bench rest, it seems a little wobley, Maby the Fajen "Thumbhole Sporter", or Boydes "Ross" would be better for BR. I think the Silhouette is more suited for off hand. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Cajungeo,
I used to own a rifle with thumbhole stock, and personally, I thought it was the worst. It did not fit my grip and was - awkward. Being of sound mind and questionable judgement, I blamed any mismatch on my lack of experience. I finally learned to handle it and shoot well, but it never, ever felt comfortable.

With your postings, maybe this is the point where I move up to match shooting.

KC

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi kali, that sounds like a challenge? When I get my super deluxe 10/22 built, I would like to post some typical targets, or maby best effort targets, at a given range, and being men/ ladies? of honor we could have an on line shooting match, at a given range. Also when Bill gets us some more space we could have a gallery for everyones 10/22. Huh?
The thumb hole stock feels different to me, but it feels confortable sighting it off hand. Kali, you may not believe this, but the first time I saw this stock ( someone elses picture) I had to have it! It is ssooo purty!!!! I am going to order the Sporter stock, and a 20" barrel---I guess I will have to buy another 10/22. I will make due with the one I have for now, as it is my first, I want to see how far I can make itl go. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts