Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's a before and after of my mini. Before the new laws, it wasn't an assault weapon, but now it is because of the fore grip, compensator, and hi cap mags. so i chopped the compensator off the mo-reaper (i think i cried a little while doing it), ditched the grip, and now can only use the 5 and 10 rounders out at the range. i actually like the way the reaper looks now, with the recessed muzzle. Overall, not that big a deal (but still pointless) to change it to be legal, and now i dont have to register it with the state every five years. If i had an AR i'd be screwed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats right, no flash hiders, muzzle brakes or compensators. I only complied because im not holding my breath for this to get repealed, and i do actually want to use my rifle in the mean time. Plus it wasn't really that big a deal to modify my rifle. the grip comes right off the rail, and i like the way the reaper looks without the compensator. the .223 doesn't really need one anyway

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi shipwright, I removed the Choate flashhidder from my Mini-14 and reinstalled the Ruger front sight. I removed the bayonet lug from my M1 Carbine and replaced a threaded barrel on a 10-22.

These firearms aren't now any safer than they were before.

When was any civilian injured by a bayonet lug? LOL

Cuomo is an idiot!!!

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Even california doesnt sweat the bayo lug.

Just a side note Im not busting anybodies balls for complying. I would do the same. The laws need to be overturned.. either by courts or popular vote. Until then ... good luck

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
These firearms aren't now any safer than they were before.

When was any civilian injured by a bayonet lug? LOL

Cuomo is an idiot!!!
Respectfully ssb73q, I must disagree. Cuomo is not an idiot.

Cuomo is an evil little man who dreams of greater political office built upon the rights of formerly free Americans. His new law will cost the freedom of good men and women who have done no wrong, and will result in the deaths of some innocent New Yorkers and their families when they run out of ammunition defending themselves. All the while, his deluded supporters will think themselves safer. They are the true idiots, useful idiots.

However, while he is a man to be despised for his wicked character, pernicious lying, and selfish acts, do not fool yourself - he is a dangerous enemy to the liberties of New Yorkers.

To call evil mere idiocy is to underestimate it.

All the best,
Grumpy

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
Oh.. you mean hes not an idiot.. just an asshole.. honest mistake
Sorry whofarted, you are correct.

Sometimes I get carried away - just finished reading an article about a vet in NY who's looking at 5 felony counts for having magazines he apparently didn't realize weren't grandfathered. Then to top it off I'm looking at good people in NY who are having to carve up their rifles to make them "legal". Nice work on the one, btw, but it makes my blood boil to see how king cuomo has run roughshod over the rights of the people of NY.

All the best,
Grumpy

·
Registered
344 Posts
Another one in the comply if you must but would rather not camp. Protest loud and often and in every way possible, campaign and join the activists who are filing suit against your 2A rights. Do not let them get away with it. Everyman who complies is another success story for them and encourages the gun ban crowd to take the next step.

·
Registered
204 Posts
My standard Ranch always has been compliant to the new BS, but I was very close to having the barrel threaded and a (previously compliant) brake put on. I am glad I didn't.

I feel bad for friends with ARs.

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Oh and i would really like to thank the politicians of New York for setting the bar so high. I just cant wait to see what Cali does to regain the title of tightest gun control. Thanks guys. Good lookin out! :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The law makes no sense. Therefore don't modify your rifle. Just don't comply.
let me know how that argument holds up in court.

if i were going to leave the rifle in my safe for a rainy day, i might not comply with the laws, but im not going to show up at the range, or drive it to and from, and risk getting charged over a freakin fore grip and muzzle brake. The way to beat this is to get the law changed, not ignore it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Oh and i would really like to thank the politicians of New York for setting the bar so high. I just cant wait to see what Cali does to regain the title of tightest gun control. Thanks guys. Good lookin out! :D
[RANT]The liberal Democratic super majorities in both the Senate and Assembly are falling all over each other with stupid proposals. To show how desperate some gun owners are here in the PRK, I've actually heard some say that they believe Gov. Moonbeam will veto some or all because it will be costly for the state to enforce them and fight the lawsuits that are likely to occur. These folks have apparently never heard the recently popular phrase "There's no spending problem."[/RANT] :blink:

·
Full on Eco-Capitalist!!!
11,261 Posts
This thread makes me sad, and mad at the same time.

Sad that you folks in NY are bending over, and in effect allowing them to ram anything they want up your wazoo's

Mad that our constitution has become a worthless scrap of paper in states like NY, and far too many other places.

The founders would have shown the evil folks in your State government just what a well regulated citizen millitia can do to change the minds of evil people in power.

Now it's comply, comply and comply some more.

If you folks in NY don't vote out every single leader who voted to remove your rights, you might as well just cut your actions in half, and hand over what's left right now.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
Too many sell outs in the state. "Let make my Mini compliant", "Lets ruin an M1A", and "Lets figure out how to make my whatever complaint with the law". I say lets not do anything except march on the capital on the 28th. Compliance is for the foolish.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.