Perfect Union banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nutn is cheap. he shoots 1000's of rounds and only shoots Wolf. Save money.

He said if a gun does not shoot wolf, he will not review it.

He loves the Mini 14... I guess it handles wolf real well...

But people say the Mini 30 can not take wolf.

So the firing pin of a MINI 14 can take the steal case, but a Mini 30 can not???

Ruger just has the same firing pin in the 30 as he put in the mini 14 to save cost?

The price of western 7.62x39 is hella expensive.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Wolf .223 is boxer primed, Wolf x39 is berdan primed = Harder primer; broken pins for 30s but not 14s. I had a Tulammo .223 round's primer pierce and it spray and spit at me; spooked me a little. No more tula for me, and I can't find wolf around where I'm at. I like the brass better anyway.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Nutnfancy needs to save money somewhere so why not ammo? Do you see all of the stuff he reviews? It is not only weapons, he buys tons of gear. At first I just figured he works for a weapons manufacturer or a dealer, but I asked him in a PM on youtube and he said he's retired, ex airforce. I personally don't shoot the stuff but it's not bad criteria for reviewing a weapon. If it shoots Wolf it will shoot anything.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I would never shoot steel cased ammo through any of my rifles(unless it was all I had), it causes extra wear in the action and if a round explodes in the chamber your rifle is done.

·
communism hater
3,917 Posts
I think nutnfacey is a douche and I only shoot brass cased ammo period. So there should be plenty of tula and wolf for nut. :D

·
Registered
345 Posts
i have put over 1k of tula thru my 581 mini 14. zero failures. if i did not get into reloading i would still be using it. i even shot 2 in groups with open sights using tula.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I would never shoot steel cased ammo through any of my rifles(unless it was all I had), it causes extra wear in the action and if a round explodes in the chamber your rifle is done.
This is one more example of Internet BS.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You're kidding, right?

I've never had a problem with Tula or Wolf in my mini or my AR 15, my only complaint with wolf is it runs a little dirty.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I don't know about the Tula, I have not shot or inspected any of it, But Herter's ammo sold by Cabela's is head stamped Wolf. Look at the head stamp. I have also shot a lot of Wolf Gold in another caliber and it is head stamped Privy.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think nutnfacey is a douche and I only shoot brass cased ammo period. So there should be plenty of tula and wolf for nut. :D
Ouch! That's rough! C'mon now, the guy's on our side! I only shoot brass cased ammo as well. I will admit that I have been tempted to try the Silver Bear stuff, though. I've seen alot of folks shooting it at the range through their AR's and Minis, and it looks to be okay.

·
Registered
238 Posts
This is one more example of Internet BS.
You're kidding, right?

I've never had a problem with Tula or Wolf in my mini or my AR 15, my only complaint with wolf is it runs a little dirty.
Guys, just so you know I am not just regurgitating information I have read on other forums. I know a gun store owner/gun smith who told me he has seen many rifles F ed up from shooting steel case ammo. Other guys I have met at the range tell me the same thing.

I have personally never fired steel cased ammo in any of my rifles though so I can't say ive seen problems first hand. If it works for you, thats great, cheaper practice.

·
communism hater
3,917 Posts
Your right maybe I was a little harsh, but he is soooo long winded. I dont shoot steel cased ammo because I reload and want the brass, its usually very dirty, I have heard of issues like, duds, underpowered, stuck cases. Im not saying thats always the case, its just not worth taking a chance in my opinion. With recoil buffers front and back in my mini, tula ammo will not cycle the bolt enough to allow it to eject the spent case.

Matter of fact I have 1 full box and one partial box I will swap for some brass. 32 rds. of tula for x pieces of reloadable brass. Someone make an offer. I dont want it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nutn is cheap. he shoots 1000's of rounds and only shoots Wolf. Save money.

He said if a gun does not shoot wolf, he will not review it.

So the firing pin of a MINI 14 can take the steal case, but a Mini 30 can not???

Ruger just has the same firing pin in the 30 as he put in the mini 14 to save cost?

This post is pointless and should be removed. A bunch of uncorrelated thoughts and a personal attack on somebody just because steel cased ammo works well for him.

Hey buddy, I shoot steel cased ammo, too. I'm cheap. I practice with the cheap stuff to save cash for my brass stash. But wait, there's more.... I shoot steel-cased ammo from non-factory mags.... Why don't you start a post about me?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts

The Mini 14 can handle steel cased because most steel cased Russian ammo is BOXER primed.

All Russian 7.62x39 steel cased ammo and the brass cased surplus ammo that is so cheap is BERDIN primed. Mini firing pins do not like berdin primed ammo.

And yes the price of western 7.62x39 is hella expensive.

If you want to shoot that cheap Russian surplus 7.62x39 get an AK. If you want to shoot it in a Mini 30 go ahead, just don't bitch if your firing pin breaks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts