Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I just got my NRA Ruger Mini 14 and absolutely love it. I want to get a sling for it, however, it only has the Ruger sling swivel on the front hand guard. There is only a sling swivel post on the rear stock. Does it matter what sling swivel I buy? Will any sling swivel work on the NRA Ruger Mini 14 swivel post on the rear of the stock? Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

· Registered
377 Posts
No it should not matter, I have changed the studs several times, and have used different swivels (size and makers) over the years on the same Mini 14 and 30 I own.

· Registered
8,460 Posts
Hi - I just got my NRA Ruger Mini 14 and absolutely love it. I want to get a sling for it, however, it only has the Ruger sling swivel on the front hand guard. There is only a sling swivel post on the rear stock. Does it matter what sling swivel I buy? Will any sling swivel work on the NRA Ruger Mini 14 swivel post on the rear of the stock? Thanks so much for any help you can provide.
If you want an original part, numrich (gunpartscorp.com) has 'em in both blue and stainless. Not sure but it looks like its the stud and swivel from the pic and description ("sling swivel assembly").

All the best,
Grumpy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.