Perfect Union banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after putting the ATI stock on i could tell something was off. I didnt think it was the handguard that far off but thats what i went with until tonight i decided to check it. Looking down the sights the sight post is rotated counter clockwise a few degree. Kinda hard to get a pic down the sights but i did get some with a small level.

Rear Sight

Rail on handguard

And the Front sight. I had to hold it to get front to back level, but its sitting on the sight for side to side. Shows how far out it is

The only good thing about this is that i planned on not using the iron sights anyways!!

How would one go about fixing something like this? Cut and re-pin?

·
Registered
298 Posts
So it looks like the ATI stock is the cause of the problem, correct? If the stock is new, I'd send/take it back for either a replacement or a refund.

Have you checked the rifle with a different stock by chance? Same results?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not the stock!!!!!
Sights are linked together through receiver and barrel. If they were both unlevel the same then i could see the stock doing so but its not.
The front sight is rotated counter clockwise a few degree compared to the rear sight.

Reading more across the web it seems like a compensation from ruger to sight it in, one guy even had a bowed barrel that had to be straightened out.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Its not the stock!!!!!
Sights are linked together through receiver and barrel. If they were both unlevel the same then i could see the stock doing so but its not.
The front sight is rotated counter clockwise a few degree compared to the rear sight.

Reading more across the web it seems like a compensation from ruger to sight it in, one guy even had a bowed barrel that had to be straightened out.
I didn't figure it was the stock... ;)

Have you been able to zero your irons by adjusting the rear sight? I.e., is the range of adjustment enough to get on target?

If so, I wouldn't worry too much.

If not, send that b*tch back to Ruger!

·
Registered
21 Posts
The way to fix it on an AK is to do like you said.... Straighten the front sight and either use a jewelers file to fix the hole and use a larger pin or re drill it larger. depending on how much material you have to use you may could use the same size roll pin. Dont forget to consider metric or inch for options if you step up. Chances are you can use one or the other and get just a little larger without moving to the next increment (ex. metric->metric vs metric -> inch) I think the redrill option has more room for error so I would use the file if you have one small enough. Then another option is to use a different front sight all together.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well got to shoot at 100 and 150 yards today and i couldnt hardly see our 150 yard target. But we setup a junk pot at 100 and the first 5 shots at a particular target here and all 5 hit. Shooting with irons i dont like!! 1st at the bottom 2nd in the middle drilled it and 3rd blowed the top handle off then 4th hit the bottom and 5th hit the middle again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That Lodge cast iron dutch oven you just destroyed as a target was worth more than $20 in many areas of the country... do you have any more that you want to get rid of?

I'll send you the four rounds, you send me the cast iron pot!
Don

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol! Yea i was thinkin the same but fortunatly it was cracked already!!! So we just got rid of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts