Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I started my 10-22 fund I've been checking out the on-line stores listed here (midway, mid-south, great bear outdoors, etc). Fajen doesn't sell directly to customers. Midway had some good deals on combo stock/barrel setups but now they're out of what I wanted. I guess I jumped on the band wagon to late.
I can find the barrel I want but I can't find a Fajen Thumbhole Sporter Stock. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Swede: Not sure what barrel your thinking of but look at the Mountain Green matched barrels. They are under a $100 bucks in the blued .920 bb. Also if your looking at the Fajen Thumbhole Sporter Stock try Boyd's Ross Thumbhole sporter stock. It is also a winnter. http://www.boydboys.com/ also this place has a barrel and stock combo too. http://www.cabelas.com/

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking of the Fajen Nutmeg sporter with a blued barrel. I thought that would be a nice contrast.

I like the lighter color of the Fajen but as you said the Boyds isn't that different. I missed the Ross when I was at Boyds, I only looked at the Smart and the Blaster.

As for barrels, right now it's toss up between Green Mtn and A&B.

Maybe a Fajen coffee with a stainless barrel. Hummm

·
Registered
11 Posts
I noticed that Clark is selling a Ruger hammer forged barrel (blue or stainless, same price) with their crown and chamber machining for $125. They claim it shoots almost as well as their high dollar barrels.
Any thoughts?

BigGunBill

·
Registered
630 Posts
BigGunBill :

I have a Ruger 10/22T with the hammer forged bull barrel. I am really totally disappointed with its shooting ability. I know for a fact that the barrel can be sent in and tweaked to shoot very well. CPC does this job. Maybe Clark has tweaked the barrel also. I am so surprised that Ruger had not made the 10/22T a better rifle and shooter. For $350 dollars you should get a shooter. My group was 1/2 to 3/4 " at 25 yards. That sucks. When I took a used carbine ($50) and added a Mountain Green fluted bull barrel and got 1/4" groups at 50 yards I then was totally disappointed with the 10/22T. I had tweaked the trigger group and added all the necessary items to make the gun shoot better. This included replacing most of the parts with VQ. (Same as I did for the Carbine). The gun jambed time after time, and as I stated shot very poorly. This is why a person should just build a 10/22 bull barrel instead of buying the 10/22T. Cheaper with all the parts. Course I would suspect that there are some fine 10/22T rifles that shoot very well.

This is why I am selling the gun. ( Did have a purtty stock though)

Anyhow.......sure hope Clark did something with the Ruger hammered forged barrel to make it a better shooter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Coyote,

Clark claims they get the barrel blanks from Ruger (hammer forging marks and all) and then do their own machining on it. Their web site, www.ClarkCustomGuns.com, claims it is not a re-work of a Ruger barrel. I have heard on this site (Perfect Union) that the factory Ruger 10-22T unfortunately is not the hummer it should be. Sorry to hear that yours does not shoot well.

BigGunBill

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts