Perfect Union banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I looked at at least nine SKS's at several shops this week. They ranged in price from $500 for a Russian (complete w/box) to $220 for a complete Norinco, which I bought.
I believe the average price in this area of West Virginia is about $300.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a SKS-M paratroper that I wouldn't take less than 400 for. It takes AK mags.

I would have to agree a regular Chi-com about $275 -$300

·
Registered
161 Posts
My top dollar for an SKS is $300. Period. And it has to be pretty snazzy at that. I have paid (in recent months) from $215 (for a really nice Yugo, no less) to a maximum of $300 for a Russian in very excellent condition. These purchases were at gun shows here in Kentucky, where we are quite free to sell individual to individual. I adore the SKS, and regard them as quite a value in the $200-300 range. You cannot buy a finer rifle for that price. But $400 is out of the question for me. Keep shopping, friend.

Let me add here that I have only become enamored with military rifles very recently. I understand very clearly that as recently as 15 years ago, you could buy an SKS for $75. And there are many among us who RECALL those times, and won't even pay $200 for one today. But to me, these magnificent rifles are STILL a great value in the price range I described above. Upper limit, $300 out the door. Good luck.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Wow I must have stole both my Norincos??
I bought my 1st in 2006 for $120 at a gun/pawn shop in ft. lauderdale FL
and picked up a 2nd last year for $190 at a garage sale!

·
"Happiness is a warm gun"
6 Posts
I went to a gun show today in St. Louis (1/29) and saw several SKS's. The cheapest was 325.00 and it was missing a cleaning rod but other wise in good shape. The prices went up from there. Most of the Norincos and Yugos in good shape are in the 350/375 with of course the rare Russians believe it or not in the 475 range.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I get a kick out of some of the prices in older posts. Gotta laugh or I would cry! :(

Bought 2 SKS last year. $375 for what appeared to be an unfired Norinco with resin stock & no bayo lug (I fixed the "unfired" part pretty pronto! ;)) and $400 for a refurbed Russian that HAD a bayo but the K-Sports stock it's in has no groove.

Not screamin' deals but I've been 100% satisfied with both rifles so far.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Wow I must have stole both my Norincos??
I bought my 1st in 2006 for $120 at a gun/pawn shop in ft. lauderdale FL
and picked up a 2nd last year for $190 at a garage sale!
Some of it is sure to be regional owing to regional weapons laws, such as California has. But in general SKS values have increased steadily because people began to see the value in these fine rifles. Fifteen years ago you could buy them for well under $100 any day of the week. Tomorrow, I plan to pick up another very, very nice Chinese SKS for $250. By today's standards, a very fair price from what I've seen. They're a great rifle for the money even if you pay a little more than that.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Brand new to the board here. I have 2 Norinco SKS. Paid $79 for each back in the old days. One was for me and one for my Dad. I uncrated mine and only put about 200 rnds through it and it's been in the safe since. My Dad passed a few months ago and I found his while cleaning out. He never even took his out of the cosmoline. The NIB one has a s/n of 2400XXX followed by an offset H and the other 23 000XXX with the same offset H. I'm trying to decode the s/n's but I figure they were late model SKS. Wish I had picked up a few more of these at the time! Just bought them on a whim because they were cheap.

Great forum, learning lots about the SKS that I never knew!

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have a Norinco I bought as in new condition a few yrs back. I still enjoy plinking pie pans @ 100yrs away, its also always been very reliable.

·
Ol' Warhorse
2 Posts
first post here

A couple of months ago I bought a #'s matching 1978 Norinco ([0134] plant) at least 95% w/ scope and 300 rds for $300. I put on an ATI Fiberforce for another $65 on because the factory furniture is too short for me. Dang fine rifle for the money but those deals are getting harder to find the higher the "risk" of zombies gets. There is a local gun shop that had 4 metal trash cans full of sks' for $95/ea a few years ago and now the sell them for $350-$450. I also have my cousin's Norinco SKS but don't know what he gave for it.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts