Perfect Union banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Just picked up a #'s matching chicom for 150 today
Nice find. Maybe that's a sign things are coming back down to earth at last. I've seen some guns at Cabelas used racks that were actually not too bad, compared to the last 2 years.

I wouldn't worry about the stock finish. If you use some stripper carefully and re-do with TruOil it will probably look just fine.

I honestly think my Chikomz are as accurate as any of mine, including my Tula. Then again, I don't do well on paper at the range with any gun, but can hit cantaloupe-sized targets at 200-250 yds with decent regularity. Doesn't seem to make much diff whose brand of ammo either.

·
Registered
260 Posts
i bought my norinco, unfired, complete for $300, might have been able to haggle more but got a good deal on 500 rounds of ammo that made up the difference. so all in all, i felt good with the deal i got and it shoots better than i expected

·
Registered
524 Posts
I would pay the average market price. In March '08, about eight months before the election, many Norincos on "GB" were already listed at $270-300.

On another subject, as for the common labels put on rifles designed/built in communist countries, I'll describe my All-American rifle bought in October '07.
It was my first gun purchase (age 52).

This brand-new Auto Ordnance M-1 Carbine cost me about $750. After careful handling and about 100 rds. of new Rem. ammo, the bolt got stuck: jammed solid. Can't blame the excellent local gun smith, who did not want to touch it. The factory did a free repair.

I'll take so-called "Commie junk" that works well after 2,000 rds. over a brand-new US-built rifle which jams after about 100 rds..
My Norinco SKS has had several stovebolts in about 2,000 rds, but nothing else.

Did the vast majority of CETME's (assembled by Century in the US) etc suddenly become high quality, reliable guns?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Those Auto Ordnance M1 Carbines have always been junk,......I would not pay $100 for one.

Norinco SKS in MINT condition will sell for $350-425 in my area

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
mint condition SKS is not as common as many people think. The production was already stopped for a long while by the time they got exported, the # of "new" guns were limited, considering these guns were active military weapon so they were handled a lot, even the trainning rifles for local militia or school training would at least see some drill use.

I would pay $150~$200 for an excellent (some blue wear and handling mark in wood). But if I do come across a real "like-new" (no wear, perfect everywhere), $400~$450 is not an issue.

·
Mod at Survivalist Boards
36 Posts
I bought a Norinco model with the Green Monte Carlo stock in green park' finish in 1995 brand new for $120.00 and a case of 1200 rounds of wolf hollow point ammo for $79.

I still have both and the rifle has had maybe 200 rounds through it…:eek:

·
AK's Vs. AR's :P
9 Posts
Sadly i started getting into guns around the 2008 crisis... and paid 400 for a slightly used Chicom Sks with bayonet and everything else.

And paid 200 for 1000 rnds of ammo.. :wacko: sucks that you older members had the advantage i didnt and squandered it! :angry:

Right now i would be sitting on a beach after buying truckloads of sks and so many other surplus arms after the cold war and selling them during 2008!!!!

anyway i got another lower quality one for 200 for parts or a backup this one didnt have a bayonet.. turns out they are banned on it... i didnt care put one on anyway ;)

then my father ( A miracle from god) Got the deal of his life when we found a Perfect condition Original Russian with a super strange colored stock (russian camo) for only 140$ The luck that man has :unsure:

Gave him some of my ammo as a B day gift.. and yes i bubba ed all of them.. and kept the original mags. Duckbills have gone up .. but its a great shooter for the poormans pocket.

only time i had a problem was using Wolf ammo.. failed to load.. fire.. do anything but jam jam jam and toast.

Golden tiger.. and this surplus russian stuff works just fine. Or your brass varieties too.

Turns out you can you the bayonet (spike) as a mono pod when firing prone!

Watch your fingers with the cleaning kits inside... they bite!:lol:

the second one i got had a scope... big problem dont use them with scopes they arent meant for that.. nor the magazines.. but at least the magazines work.

They can afford to be dirty you dont have to clean them like m16 variants...

·
Registered
524 Posts
faawrenchbender: One purchase without prior reading was a good lesson. I was a real Dummkopf.

kroenen117:
At least ammo came back to about .20/round.
If you can soon afford a large heap of x39 ammo fairly soon, before rising copper/fuel prices (China's/India's growth + Middle Eastern "troubles in the streets") get much worse, would this help compensate for a higher-priced rifle?

Both of us missed the good times years ago, but even if many of us Had become interested, we would have shot up most of the ammo anyway...as we might not have anticipated much higher price$ later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Up here in Soviet Canuckistan, you can pick up a new (not refurb) Chinese SKS for $199, and they'll even throw in a hard case and a T-shirt.....

However, in nearly everything else firearms related, Advantage: USA
:(

·
Registered
524 Posts
Scrapper Blackwell:

Weeks ago I've seen other Canadian guys report that large numbers of Russian SKS are coming in.
If both Russians and original, very good Enfield #4s are easy to find at reasonable prices (along with both ammo types), suppose it could be worse.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Scrapper Blackwell:

Weeks ago I've seen other Canadian guys report that large numbers of Russian SKS are coming in.
If both Russians and original, very good Enfield #4s are easy to find at reasonable prices (along with both ammo types), suppose it could be worse.
I only have 1 SKS, and it was a Yugo I bought long ago.
Curious about your statement about original ,VG Enfields, from where?

We need some Original VG Enfields way down here, in the Colonies, 'cause that's one of the reason I got my C&R! Haven't found one worth getting since I got it. Guess I'll go CMP and get a lesser Grand, or an Carbine, but they're no where near the piece of History for me:(

·
Registered
418 Posts
they go for 300 to 350 around here. i have a chicom and the only thing to complain about on it is the little short stock for the little chinese guys that used them.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Curious about your statement about original ,VG Enfields, from where?
(
oh canadians can get brand new enfields made by australian international arms. its complete bs because i WANT a new one and cant get it, so im stuck with this old 1943 no. 4 that weighs 40 pounds and is made to club someone in the head when you run out of ammo. :)

holy crap, AND they have SVT-40s for 300 bucks!

Marstar Canada: Rifles and Rifle Parts Main Page

:lol:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Turn-Key:

In the 90s, if not later, the Canadian govt. issued Enfield #4s to auxiliary officers in their northern provinces.
Interesting: a WW2 battle rifle recently used for border patrol, hunting etc.

Supposedly, as a policy the rifles in Canada can't be exported to the US.

But a businessman, Mr. Joe Salter has brought some into his large firm in NH. He is a Canuck and also has a Canadian business.
Have you guys checked the large selections at "Joesalter"?:)
Bought my all-matching "Jungle Carbine" there in April '09. You just have to add on shipping+FFL costs.

·
Registered
524 Posts
navdocret:
Back in spring of '08 -quite a while before "The Election"- many on GB were already listed by the sellers at $270-300.

For any new SKS people, you might want to find an article in the "Sacramento Bee" newspaper, about a tragedy at a gun range. It stated nothing about the type of ammo etc.

Do the bolts match the actions on those in northwest AR?

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you are patient you can snag one on GB for under $250...sometimes even under $200. The are the '67 Impala of rifles - sort of attractive and will take a beating and reliable as all heck.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Turn-Key:

Sorry that I did not see your question.

Canadian guys stated several months ago (on 'Gunboards' or elsewhere) that Canada had many fresh imports of really good Russian SKS rifles.

·
Luctor et emergo
15 Posts
I paid $300 for a norenco in very good condition with sling, bayonet, a carry case and 130 rounds of Wolf ammo. They typically run between $300-350 around here for just the gun in good shape.

I paid as much as I would pay for a stock SKS.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts