Perfect Union banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a decent price for a Mak 90 with milled receiver with angled tail piece? What aftermarket stocks are available? Gun is nice with no corrosion.

·
Registered
46 Posts
What's a decent price for a Mak 90 with milled receiver with angled tail piece? What aftermarket stocks are available? Gun is nice with no corrosion.
For stocks...check their website or call Matt at Ironwood Designs. A bit pricey to many but...there are none better for fit, wood or pattern options.

·
Registered
216 Posts
$550 to $625 depending on condition and if box, accessories, and original Chinese 5 rd mags come with it.

Don't forget to check out 922r before swapping the thumbhole stock for the pistol grip:
Here's the laminated Ironwood set on my Stamped angle cut MAK, purchased new in '92 for $230 USD -

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Very nice looking Mak90 Crockett007! :eek:

The IronWood stock sets are very nice!

Here's my Mak90,......to achieve compliance I changed the fire control group,
installed a Tapco gas piston & use Tapco mags.

I need to get an IWD stock set and I will be legal with ChiCom mags.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Your MAK is really cool.I wish I had the straight cut like you, I could have had some more options, and been more traditional (Type 56 like). I was looking at my original parts last night, ..dust cover, rear sight, recoil spring guide etc. Even though the Tec Sights are cool, I've got a 'hankerin' to put the original set up back on. The Tec Sights kit really helps with the US parts count IMO.

Anyway, nice MAK. I think we have one, if not the best production Kalishnikov pattern semi-autos made anywhere.;)

regards

Steve

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a Sporter Hunter. Tried to sell it a couple of times but was told it looked too much like a hunting rifle! Imagine that! Would like to find some better furniture for it. Not familiar with 922R. I know it has to do with domestic vs imported parts. Will check Ironwood for stocks for my Hunter.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have a Sporter Hunter. Tried to sell it a couple of times but was told it looked too much like a hunting rifle! Imagine that! Would like to find some better furniture for it. Not familiar with 922R. I know it has to do with domestic vs imported parts. Will check Ironwood for stocks for my Hunter.
If your original post is concerning the Norinco Hunter, then you have no need to worry about 922r, You don't have the "evil" pistol grip:eek:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No. Original post is concerning Mak 90 I am considering buying. Sorry for the confusion. Would like to have a pistol grip stock for the Hunter. Guess that would bring on the 922r issue. I have seen on another forum where you can cut the receiver off on the Hunter and weld a tang on to fit a Ghalil stock. Very cool looking. I have the equipment and eertise to get that done. Just hate to start another project.

·
Registered
216 Posts
No. Original post is concerning Mak 90 I am considering buying. Sorry for the confusion. Would like to have a pistol grip stock for the Hunter. Guess that would bring on the 922r issue. I have seen on another forum where you can cut the receiver off on the Hunter and weld a tang on to fit a Ghalil stock. Very cool looking. I have the equipment and eertise to get that done. Just hate to start another project.
Oh I see...well then, this link will help you with the compliance thing. I personally don't see how 922r is enforceable, but.....a lot of folks think it's better to be safe than sorry by "de-banning" thier MAK's:

Gunwiki: 922(r) Worksheet for AK-47 Builds

Good luck:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts