Perfect Union banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 40rd mini-14 triple k mag on backorder with Midway and suddenly they list all their triple k mags as no longer sold.... Does anyone know what might be going on here?!

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
I have a 40rd mini-14 triple k mag on backorder with Midway and suddenly they list all their triple k mags as no longer sold.... Does anyone know what might be going on here?!
Hi KillerSalmon;

If your order with Midway has been cancelled, why not order directly from Triple K? I've bought leather that way before. No way of telling how far backordered they are on mags though.

Gun Holsters and Gun Magazines by Triple K :: RUGER MINI 14, .223, 40 RD:

All the best,
Grumpy

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks grumpy, i think I may do that. I think TK has mentioned that the orders on their site have jumped massively, and since I can't find their normal cap. mags elsewhere either; my working theory is they simply chose to sell them direct rather than through venders. Please feel free correct me if that idea doesn't hold water. I just need 2 more TK 40rders to put my mind at ease... hopefully this works out :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks like the Mini-14 mags made by Triple K started no longer being carried by any vendors including Cabelas, Cheaper than Dirt, and Brownells at the same time, so I don't thinks it's because of a lack of sales or high return rate. And after seeing the increased price for them on the TK Website I'm now pretty convinced that they either decided to go factory direct due to the increase in demand and/or were dropped by vendors trying to keep prices down.

But to the few who know the glory of their 20&40rders, there ARE still available from the factory.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Who the hell thought up the name of that place? Jesus! KKK?
That's why the brand is 'Triple K,' not triple K, as in 'KKK'. :lol:

Seriously, though,

Triple K Brand - About Us said:
Herman Krasne and his son Leo started doing business in San Diego in 1946. They began in business as an inexpensive department store using the name of Krasne's Incorporated. The business went well and the Krasne family developed a name for being fair minded, honest business men that treated their customers right. Leo welcomed his son Jerry into the business in 1952. Jerry expanded the department store to include sporting goods. In 1963, Jerry started Triple K Manufacturing Company. He named it after his three children, Kim, Kurt and Karen. After-market replacement magazines were the company's main focus. Soon after, Jerry introduced the Triple K leather product line. Through hard work and acquisitions, the product line continued to grow, always striving to make quality products at affordable prices.

In the years that followed, Triple K focused on producing handmade quality products at reasonable prices. By chance, the original business was located down the street from the San Diego Police Department. Over the years, the Krasne family became ardent supporters of Law Enforcement everywhere. Triple K introduced a law enforcement product line which has grown steadily over the years. The 1980's marked the sale of the retail side of the business , the entry of Jerry's son Kurt into the business, and the moving of the manufacturing business to a newer and larger building. The 1990's marked another decade highlighted by acquisitions and improvements in manufacturing technology.

Today, celebrating over 67 years in business, Triple K Manufacturing Company is still a family owned and operated San Diego based company. Triple K products are recognized around the globe and can be found in thousands of outlets worldwide. Kurt Krasne is looking forward to having his children, Kasey, Karly, and Keegan join him in the family business and keep the tradition of excellence and customer satisfaction alive. "After all, Customer Satisfaction is Everything." (Quote by Leo Krasne) We hope you take the opportunity to peruse our website and find a product that will provide you many years of service. The Krasne Family

·
absit iniuria verbis
316 Posts
Wow thanks for that post, COBrien.
I really like their mags. The fact that i rarely see them gives them a certain mystique. I think their dependability, yet relative cheapness to factory Ruger mags makes them a kind if hidden gem. These tidbits of info are great.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I remember Krasne's guns as a kid growing up in San Diego County. Whoda thunk it? I need to research this a bit more.

You remember something new every day.

fishslayerbob

·
ANTI anti-gun activist
1,287 Posts
Besides they ****ing sux ? no idea probably to many returns on the item. There is no loss there trust me, order some factory you will be much happier.:)

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Triple K never made a good Mini 14 magazine as far as I'm concerned. Maybe other brands but not for the Mini. kwg

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know a lot of people have had issues with Triple K mini-14 mags but me personally, I love the 40rders I have from them. I've found a few people who have had the same experience I have: great fit and function in 20&40rd but avoid their 30s like the plague. In fact I bought the first one as a risk after reading multiple reviews saying basically that. I don't think 40rd mags are really necessary but they work better than any other size in my chicom and I've never found them to be too long to use.

In my testing the Triple K 40rd matched the performance of my factory and PMI 30s and Bingham 40s. In Fit and Finish they beat PMI/Bingham by a mile, every time I pull one out and lock it it in I remember why I want to replace the other 2 with them.

*Blued 186-series in wood Factory Folding Stock*

·
Registered
39 Posts
I grew up in San Diego. I have a 1975 or 1976 triple K catalog that I picked up at the NRA convention when it was held there. That little book is a fountain of information as far as identifying the obsolete (and often obscure)pistols that Triple K made magazines for. Nice descriptions and line drawings.

·
absit iniuria verbis
316 Posts
Sorry you're having a hard time getting your hands on more Triple K's, KillerSalmon.
Mine are still running strong, fortunately. We took a short video when a few co-workers and I went shooting the other day. Since I'm the only one of the bunch that reloads, the mag dump wasn't so expensive. These guys are buying .223 for $.80+ apiece :blink:
I have (4) 40 round Triple K mags. For steel mags, mine are great. Here's one of em:
Mini-14 and 40rnd Triple K mag - YouTube

I didn't even know they made a 30 rounder.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice video Capt. I will say though, with that guy to your right being seemingly beyond your muzzle line; you may have a bunch of shooters or even Keyboard Commandos trying to rip you up on safety.

I remember we talked on this subject for one of my other mag posts and I'm very glad to hear your mags are still running tip-top. I've been running in to more people who only tried their 30 and say the rest must be junk, but you and I know better haha. Eventually I'll get the last 2 I want, but my Bingham 40s will do for the time being.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts