Perfect Union banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
It has always struck me as ironic that the major players are for the most part based in states that severely restrict their products. I guess it goes back to earlier times when common sense still prevailed....
Most firearms manufacturers were started in the states where the industrial revolution began in this country, NY, MA, and CT mostly. Now the same states with some of the most stringent regulations.

Although Ruger was late to the game, they were probably able to attract skilled workers from other nearby firearms producers.

But those same companies are now leaving, or at least opening factories in less restrictive states, often lower wage and union free states as a bonus.

·
Formerly "raf"
3,318 Posts
Johnson Rifles (pre-ww 2) competitors for semi-auto US rifles, were manufactured in RI: Advanced Search - Johnson Rifle Site Bulletin Board

Existing RI laws specifically allow for manufacture of firearms, and/or devices, whch are not legally purchased by RI residents.

Given highly-taxed, business-unfriendly RI environment, and current local political climate, I don't think any firearms manufacturer will be setting up shop here anytime soon.

Some mfrs of firearms components are certainly here in RI. Plenty of them, some testifying at latest go-round of firearms Bills before State Legislature, which bills might affect their products. The Bills failed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mini's pop up for sale here and there, I think the problem is Ruger can't produce them fast enough in this current economic situation we are in. I've been on the hunt for a stainless mini 14 for several weeks now to add to the collection and I live 15 minutes from Cabela's and many other gun stores, everyone is out of supply. I found one yesterday a model 5805 on line new at another larger retailer so I bought it there, you have to get them where you can for the time being.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
They are expensive all over! I gave $979 for my NIB Mini-30 stainless/poly with two 20 round mags. I am seeing them $1100 to 1300 plus all the fees on Gun broker.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Two weeks ago I forked over $1099 for a Mini 30 Tactical with two twenty rd magazines.
Sunday after Thanksgiving I walked into Cabelas. Due to CoVid at least in my State Cabelas/BassPro Shops is limiting the number of customers at the gun counter. It was kind of stupid. Black Friday weekend and they only had two People working the gun counter with at least 15 people waiting in line to look at guns. All rifles were racked behind the counter and the entire area was roped off twenty feet out from the counter. I did spy a mini or two there but could not tell which flavor they were. One had a price tag, but from twenty feet away? I pulled out my smartphone camera and used the zoom magnification and was able to read the price. $999.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts