Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I bought a 180 series mini some time ago. Then recently I found a wichita scope mount for it for next to nothing at a gun show here local. So I was starting to look at a scope for it. Walmart here has the Nikon M223 scopes on sale right now, and it looks like it would fit the bill rather well. Has anyone tried this setup?

Thanks

· Registered
5,429 Posts
Hi all,

I bought a 180 series mini some time ago. Then recently I found a wichita scope mount for it for next to nothing at a gun show here local. So I was starting to look at a scope for it. Walmart here has the Nikon M223 scopes on sale right now, and it looks like it would fit the bill rather well. Has anyone tried this setup?

Thanks
Great choice. The red dots don't do the mini justice at ranges over 1oo yds. I put a Primary Arms 1-4x and I was shocked by the quality of the optics.
Let us know how you like it.
Cheers

· Registered
663 Posts
I cant comment on the mount set up since I have the newer series ranch rifle, but I do have the 2-8x32mm M-223 with the BDC 600 reticle. Man do I like it! I cant tell the difference between my Nikon and my Dad's 2x7x32mm VXR Luepold. And my vision is 20/15. Great buy at the price, you wont be dissapointed!

· Registered
10,504 Posts
I like Nikon scopes, I run one on my 6.8 mini and 243 bolt rifle with no problems.

· Registered
32 Posts
I'm running an M223 1-4x on mine with the scope turned counter clockwise to avoid brass impacts. This set up changes windage turret to elevation etc. Great clear optics and a true 1x makes two eyes open shooting awesome.

· Registered
10,504 Posts
I wrapped a little bit of electrical tape around my scope. You can't tell it's there and protects from brass hitting scope. It doesn't happen with all loads.

· Registered
260 Posts
I have a Nikon Monarch 1.5-4.5 shotgun scope with a turkey reticle on my mini and love it. Low power setting you can keep both eyes open. Nikon glass is clear and great scope for the money. Used to have a Nikon prostaff 2-7 on the mini before and that is also a good scope. That sits on my 10-22 now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.