Perfect Union banner
381 - 400 of 402 Posts

·
Cognitive Dissident
2,690 Posts
Well, I'm left-handed but right-eye dominant. In all of my 22+ years in the Army, they never picked up on that - it took a former Marine to figure that out - in about two minutes...Long after I retired...Can't say I've come up with a way to deal with that with rifles, but I've figured it out with pistols.
It's a lot harder to notice with pistols.

As for rifles...........maybe Liam would give you lessons?

:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's a lot harder to notice with pistols.

As for rifles...........maybe Liam would give you lessons?

:)
I don't know if this is common, but although I shoot right handed at all times; I'm able to shoot with the left eye, head cocked, with my pistol; and force my right eye to focus with rifle.

I am able to do all of this with both eyes open.

It's very possible my left eye dominance is so minor, that it allows me to do so. I made a point of shooting with both eyes open once I started shooting more regularly and I believe it has paid off. I don't think I'd be able to keep a tight cheek weld with my left eye while shooting right handed on a rifle - irons or scope.

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
just for the shtf times, I practice shooting with both hands and eyes...you never know when you may lose an eye or a hand..so you may as well try it when you still have both..and see if you can, and if you cant , just keep trying...because even in good times accidents happen...and its a good challenge of skill..

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Hard to tell from the pic, but it is most certainly a 20" pencil barrel. The rear sight and lack of scope scallops would be the determining factor but hard to tell from this pic... The blued rear sight in a SS model likely points to your assessment, ECV, as well as the synthetic stock. Soldier needs to review the "eight steady hold factors"...

·
Cognitive Dissident
2,690 Posts
Soldier needs to review the "eight steady hold factors"...
He's one of those "Hold it up above the cover and spray" guys.

They run out of ammo fast.

:D

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just noticed that there is no handguard either....I would not want to get that thing hot or put my hand in the wrong spot while firing....He must be a new guy.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I just noticed that there is no handguard either....I would not want to get that thing hot or put my hand in the wrong spot while firing....He must be a new guy.
That I should think would be a mistake you would make only once. Of course you would have the scar tissue on your hand as a forever reminder. :oops:

Reactions: ECVMatt and M92PV4U

·
Cognitive Dissident
2,690 Posts
Ok........either this guy is a giant or the Mini has been Photoshopped into his hands.........because the size of body and gun don't match........and his grip on the tiny, tiny rifle looks all wrong.

·
Registered
365 Posts
not photo shopped. did not exist when that photo was taken. SOF / G&A magazine circa 1978-79.....
I had it posted back on one of the early pages but see that when the site was re-imagined they lost all the images.

·
Registered
365 Posts

Not sure. on stats here is covering angola a few years later

·
Registered
22 Posts
Even US Marines mistakenly described Bermuda Regiment's rifle as full-auto AC556.

U.S. Marine Corps Staff Sgt. Neill Sevelius, operations chief for Combat Camera, Headquarters and Support Battalion, Marine Corps Installations East, Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, fires a Ruger AC556 during Exercise Island Warrior 15 (IW15) on Camp Lejeune, N.C., May 4, 2015. The purpose of IW15 is to provide the Bermuda Regiment with training on a scale not possible in Bermuda in order to enhance overall operational effectiveness. Military forces from around the world come to Camp Lejeune on a regular basis for bilateral and NATO-sponsored exercises. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Lance Cpl. Jacqueline R. Smith, MCIEAST-MCB CAMLEJ Combat Camera/Released)

Infantrymen with Bermuda Regiment practice squad rushing while conducting a patrolling and tactics class during Exercise Island Warrior 15 (IW15) on Camp Lejeune, N.C., May 4, 2015. The purpose of IW15 is to provide the regiment with training on a scale not possible in Bermuda in order to enhance overall operational effectiveness. Military forces from around the world come to Camp Lejeune on a regular basis for bilateral and NATO-sponsored exercises. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Sgt. Christopher Q. Stone, MCI-EAST MCB CAMLEJ Combat Camera/Released)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know if this is common, but although I shoot right handed at all times; I'm able to shoot with the left eye, head cocked, with my pistol; and force my right eye to focus with rifle.

I am able to do all of this with both eyes open.

It's very possible my left eye dominance is so minor, that it allows me to do so. I made a point of shooting with both eyes open once I started shooting more regularly and I believe it has paid off. I don't think I'd be able to keep a tight cheek weld with my left eye while shooting right handed on a rifle - irons or scope.
I shoot exactly the same way. Weirdos we are lol!

381 - 400 of 402 Posts