Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again,

I still don't have my gun yet, but I did go ahead and buy 2 30 round PMI mags. Here is my question/problem.....

I loaded the mags to check them out. When I tried to push a round out it came out pretty well..BUT the following round would come up butt first with the bullet point still down in the body of the mag. I tried several times of loading and unloading and it happened with every round, every time. Any suggestions?? Should I just send these back as defective or is there some mechanism in the action that corrects this?? Sorry to have to ask, but you guys are my only source of info right now. Thanks

·
Registered
689 Posts
alpha you can't check magazines for function like that. Wait till ya get your rifle and head to the range. Only true test is to loadem up and try them in the rifle.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Exactly, well put. The way the gun strips rounds from the mag and they way we strip them is two completely different things. I had a USA mag here once that I thought was going to be a complete piece of junk because the tips of the rounds would catch on the end of the mag when pushing the rounds out from behind. However I loaded the mag, inserted it in my ranch rifle and found that ever round cycled. This was cycling the action manually and the gun always works better on its own than we can make it work. So wait until you get your rifle and give it a test and I'm sure you'll be satisfied. Be sure to report back whether or not your test results are satisfactory as we love data here! Good luck.

op-rod

·
Registered
716 Posts
Originally posted by op-rod
Be sure to report back whether or not your test results are satisfactory as we love data here!

op-rod
I couldn't have said it better!

We are on an endless quest to find good reliable hi-capacity mags.
:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts