Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to this board, been lurking for awhile reading threads and such, you folks talked me into getting a Mini-14, actually two of them, why get one when you can get two right. I do have a question for you all, one of my Mini's is a 183-42xxx serial number, the guy I bought it from said he bought it in 83', I paid $350.00 for it, just curious if I got a Pre-ban at a good price, it is real clean, the stock had a few scratches but I think it adds to the character of the piece. The other Mini is a 186-xxxxx serial number, it was a prison turn-in, paid $225.00 for it. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i got a 183 series as well. and it was made in '83. i think you got a good deal for it. i paid more for mine just after the monarchy made their first attempt at taking the second amendment out(1994 aw ban).

if you go to the gun auction sites you can compare what other's are selling thiers for. i'd think the prices things are selling for on those sites reflect more accurately the real value.

·
Registered
198 Posts
MikeEmt,
Welcome to the forum!
What Old Judge said - check Ruger site for serial# or call Ruger re: date of manufacture @ 603-863-3300. Sounds like you got a good deal on both your mini's. Is the prison turn in a GB?
Good luck with your mini's

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I think it's Sept. '94, at least that's the date they use for determining pre/post ban magazines. Post '94 high caps have to be date marked and LEO/Military only. I don't know for sure on rifles but I think it's close to that time frame.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Welcome to the forum MikeEmt. You got your mini's at a good price.

Assualt weapons ban, 00:01 Sept. 13, 1994.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome and the info on my Mini's. I did check out the Ruger Web Site as suggested by the Judge and the 183 is definately pre-ban, manufactured in 1983. The 186 is post-ban and is not a GB, it's kind of neat to see the butt stock with the inscription of the prison it came from. Thanks again for the help, I'll try to post some pics as soon as I learn how.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Mike there are instructions for posting picures in the Gallery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts