Perfect Union banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
baileybill
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there any web sites thet give free info on reloading
what I would like to know is what powder load with a specific bullet and specific casing

I.E,,,,,,, 9mm case.....specific manufacture bullet = g of powder

an ap ?
a downloadable program that you plug in the specifics

[email protected]

·
Registered
447 Posts
Buy your self a Lyman or LEE reloading book AND read it till you think you know how to reload. This is something that can get you in trouble FAST. Always check the over all length of your bullet when seating your bullets!! IF you know some one that reloads ask for some help. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
405 Posts
There is a lot of reloading books out there! BUY your self some and read them before trying reloading! This will save you from a lot of trouble!!

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
a downloadable program that you plug in the specifics [email protected]
I don't know of any specific software or program that contains all the data. Or any that do a good job of keeping track of your past reloading efforts. I am as in tuned to electronic everything, but I do keep a log book of everything that I have ever loaded. Data can be obtained from multiple sources bullet maker, power maker, and of course "loaddata.com". Be careful second guess everything and don't drink and load and you'll be good.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Sort your brass ( don't mix up brands with the within the same load), check the length and trim it all the same ( you will need calipers and a case trimmer), double check everything you do, look down each charged case with a good light source before seating bullets to ensure they all have the same level of powder ( no skipped rounds or double charges), buy several reloading manuals for cross reference of the load you intend to do, buy a chronograph ( a $100 Chrony works fine),keep detailed records, measure the case head expansion with a micrometer of the loads up are working up, checking that measurement against the case head measurement of a couple different brands of factory loads that have been fired in your chamber. Do these things and you'll turn out good loads for years and not have any problems.

·
Registered
592 Posts
are there any web sites thet give free info on reloading
what I would like to know is what powder load with a specific bullet and specific casing

I.E,,,,,,, 9mm case.....specific manufacture bullet = g of powder

an ap ?
a downloadable program that you plug in the specifics

[email protected]
all of the powder manufacturers have web sites with loading data, They may not show your make of bullet, as you may use cast, and there are a lot of casters out there, but they will show the difference between cast and jacketed.
I don't worry about case length for loads for auto pistols, but if loading for magnum revolvers I sort for length to get a uniform crimp.
I check all bottle neck rifle brass for length and trim when needed.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The Lyman book is a good book to teach you about loading. Lee book does the same only the book is smaller.READ READ then start reloading. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would also say talk to other people that reload. There's one guy in particular at a local shop that sells reloading supplies that has actually been reloading for years. He's always willing to give good advice from his own personal experience. I also found a friend of a friend that let me come visit his reloading setup and he showed me exactly how he assembled them. There are some knowledgeable people that have put videos on Youtube also that seem to be worth watching.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.