Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to reloading for rifle rounds. I am trying to start reloading 7 Mag and have H 100 V for powder, Mag match primers and need some advice on bullets. Bought 140gr Nosler Ballistic tips and looking at the Barnes 140 TTSX. Has anyone used either of these bullets ?? Also looking to reload an 8mm Mauser, what powder will be the best for my Mauser ?? Planning on rebarreling the Mauser with a 26 inch barrel among other things. :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ok,I shot the 140 grain Nosler Ballistic tips for a few years I could not get them to shoot very well. I bedded the rifle and free floated barrel it did not help much.Then I worked up a load a couple of years ago using the Barnes 140 grain TTSX. Here is what I settled on Federal 215 primer,72.5 grains of Retumbo with the bullet set back from the lands .070.This load gets my Rem 700m BDL to shoot a 1" group at 200 yards. I like the TTSX I just got back from Texas I shot 11 hogs all DRT. Now I have to do the same with my BDL 25-06. Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.