Perfect Union banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Cognitive Dissident
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like it.

I can do this just by copying an image. Not possible on old version of the Forum.

Reactions: RJF

·
Cognitive Dissident
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Easy as pie.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Political Discussion has been relegated to the (new) "Off Topic" section. With a name like "Perfect Union" (and a slogan like "defending liberty") how could politics (2A!!!) be "off topic"?! :(:p Perhaps this is just a gesture in support of the new more big-brotheresque administration, hoping to tone things down a bit. Btw, seems like free got the boot as well? Others???

On the upside, the emoji support and text editing seems improved! And (verified) copy/paste of an image is certainly nice.

·
Vigilant Curmudgeon
362 Posts
I find that I can adapt to a change in format. I have done this for at least 6 other forums already.
I liked the older set up and the long standing members were all quite satisfied . 3 to 6 months from now the grumbling will subside.

Reactions: Sparkie

·
Cognitive Dissident
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The new format is a great format.

Sharing pictures is much easier and better. Everything is better organized.

I had to use a new avatar picture because the new format made the old one bigger and thus blurry.

It took me less than a minute.

I can't find a single thing to complain about against the new format.

Anyone who finds the change challenging must be older than me........and I'm 74.

:)

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
whofarted no longer a moderator? seemed like he used to be the main one. that might signify some (policy) change(s).

never much sense in wondering about "changes to come", trying to "read the writing on the wall", etc. hmm, "what's for lunch?!" :)

·
Cognitive Dissident
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whofarted no longer a moderator? seemed like he used to be the main one. that might signify some (policy) change(s).

never much sense in wondering about "changes to come", trying to "read the writing on the wall", etc. hmm, "what's for lunch?!" :)
The name was silly and unprofessional.

If you want to keep order you start with a name that can be taken seriously.

He's undoubtedly still here.......only the name has been changed.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Just my two cents: The old forum look was like a comfortable reading room or an old wood panel library
where you'd go to meet old friends.

This is practical like a train station or modern coffee shop with glaring lights and whitewashed walls.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts

Nope, still here and with same name, just not moderator. I always thought the name offered valuable levity, especially for a moderator (/"critic"). That used to be my go-to catch phrase in response to someone being objectionable/offensive or just foolish.

And "keep order", as in herding cats? Good luck! lol

·
Cognitive Dissident
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, still here and with same name, just not moderator. I always thought the name offered valuable levity, especially for a moderator (/"critic"). That used to be my go-to catch phrase in response to someone being objectionable/offensive or just foolish.

And "keep order", as in herding cats? Good luck! lol
Notice the cats with that big "BANNED" under their names.

Consider them herded.

·
Cognitive Dissident
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I suggested this as a good course of action for our moderators. I copied this from the Blade Forum........apparently they've had similar problems as have been noted here.

1/12/21, Effective immediately, there will be a return to civility. In addition to zero tolerance for extremism & threats of violence, y'all gonna start acting right and communicating like adults with civility & manners.

There will be no insults, baseless accusations of being a communist or nazi, being a libtard / trumptard, etc. You will not use ****ty language towards each other or petty nicknames for public figures.

Conduct yourselves like adults. Politics is constrained to this forum for a reason, because it is a flashpoint for anger, outrage & butthurt.

·
Major General Chit Chat
1,546 Posts
Hate the new format. I noticed several sites changed to XenForo lately What happened to vBulletin? Just call me XenForoPhobic. Mobile phones have ruined the Internet. Let's see... what else can I complain about? Oh yeah, Facebook sucks!

·
Cognitive Dissident
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hate the new format. I noticed several sites changed to XenForo lately What happened to vBulletin? Just call me XenForoPhobic. Mobile phones have ruined the Internet. Let's see... what else can I complain about? Oh yeah, Facebook sucks!
So going to "Dark Mode" didn't help?

If you're running out of things to complain about.......Biden's expensive teeth and Kamala's laugh come to mind.

Reactions: cleanodeano

·
Patron Saint of Rye
461 Posts

Golly... I’d hate for something to be considered unprofessional. Sounds as though he wasn’t taking the internet seriously enough.

·
Cognitive Dissident
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
See any farts here?

New attitude.

Professional.

David Rudolf
Super Moderator

DMR28
Administrator

Kevin Cackler
Super Moderator

·
Patron Saint of Rye
461 Posts
Lol... what???

·
Cognitive Dissident
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you not notice?

All of a sudden we have not a single fart name mod!!!

Do you sense a new order of business?

Everybody does.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I sense the forum has become WOKE..this forum is run/owned by other forums I am on, and they have the new format and are censoring everything they dont like..like freedom of expression and the 1st Amendment..then they hide behind the claim its a private forum and doesnt have any protections from the constitution..just like fakebook, twatter and the rest of the garbage social media platforms owned by the globalists...

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Aside from the ("great") purge(d) members, I haven't noticed anything getting censored yet, but I have been sort of expecting it. Mainly, it seems to have gotten kind of a white-wash (visually), and there are more ads.

Btw, how does one "see" a fart? Nor have I encountered excessive toilet humor. Mainly, I just notice some "ripe" posts from time to time. Sometimes I suspect Logos might subscribe to the "Mein Kampf" philosophy of web-chat moderation.

Reactions: Sparkie

·
Cognitive Dissident
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL!

What I "sense" is a torrent of whining by a few people who use the forum to dump their fear, rage and childish temper tantrums on the rest of us and are desperately afraid that they won't be able to do it anymore.

Yes, behavior has improved.

Let's not let it slide back to to ugly levels of just a few weeks ago.

The fear, rage, hate and temper tantrums should go where they belong.......in confidence to a priest, pastor or psychiatrist.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts