Perfect Union banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a mini 14 yesterday, and although not my first rifle, it is my first mini.

Going to read, but couple questions that you all know off the top of your head im sure:

"ranch rifle" .223 is what is engraved. The serial starts with 580-

From what ive read so far, the 580 was replaced by the 581? But that was back in the 80's. this weapon does not appear to be that old. Looks like the 5801 base on rugers page. (with the combat stock on it, aftermarket probably)

that being said, .223, can it run 5.56?

again, going to read up on it. already found the owners manual and broke it down to clean, was actually in good condition

·
USAF SF
220 Posts
Picked up a mini 14 yesterday, and although not my first rifle, it is my first mini.

Going to read, but couple questions that you all know off the top of your head im sure:

"ranch rifle" .223 is what is engraved. The serial starts with 580-

From what ive read so far, the 580 was replaced by the 581? But that was back in the 80's. this weapon does not appear to be that old. Looks like the 5801 base on rugers page. (with the combat stock on it, aftermarket probably)

that being said, .223, can it run 5.56?

again, going to read up on it. already found the owners manual and broke it down to clean, was actually in good condition
Yes, the rifle can run 5.56. Also, according to a fact posted on Gundoc's website, although it has .223 stamped on it the barrel is actually chambered for 5.56.

It can shoot both flawlessly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The 580 series stared in 2005. Some of the early 580's were made with the thinner barrel... Just something to check if you are buying a flash hider or something

1 - 8 of 8 Posts