Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend gifted me with a 25 year old AimPoint dot sight. A 5000X model. The folks at AimPoint were kind, and refurbished it to like new condition for nothing. Amazing warranty.
I mounted it on my old 188 Series Mini 14, and with Leupold mid rings, it was a perfect fit. It sighted in quickly at the range, and I am pleased to have period correct, but new optics on my old workhorse.

·
Registered
53 Posts
A friend gifted me with a 25 year old AimPoint dot sight. A 5000X model. The folks at AimPoint were kind, and refurbished it to like new condition for nothing. Amazing warranty.
I mounted it on my old 188 Series Mini 14, and with Leupold mid rings, it was a perfect fit. It sighted in quickly at the range, and I am pleased to have period correct, but new optics on my old workhorse.
WOW!

·
Formerly "raf"
4,117 Posts
I think your current set-up will require some sort of cheek-riser pad installed on the stock.

Strongly suggest this one: https://www.amazon.com/ITC-Rifle-Ch...9817594&sprefix=its+cheek+rest,aps,59&sr=8-43

It is relatively inexpensive, well-made, and since it has no bulky pouches or cartridge-holders, can be used for "off-side" shooting straight away. User-configurable. With velcro attachment, it is easily removed in order to use OEM iron sights.

I have some of these units, and fully satisfied.

Disclaimer: no financial interest.

Strongly suggest you investigate any possibilities for Quick-Attach/Quick-Dismount mounts for your optic. Your optic could fail for multiple reasons, and being able to quickly detach the optic (and cheek-riser) might be extremely useful in order to revert to OEM iron sights.

Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think your current set-up will require some sort of cheek-riser pad installed on the stock.

Strongly suggest this one: https://www.amazon.com/ITC-Rifle-Cheek-CheekRest-Marksmanship/dp/B00JEIBYA4/ref=sr_1_43?crid=27S7QPBNLNJIA&keywords=its+cheek+rest&qid=1659817594&sprefix=its+cheek+rest,aps,59&sr=8-43

It is relatively inexpensive, well-made, and since it has no bulky pouches or cartridge-holders, can be used for "off-side" shooting straight away. User-configurable. With velcro attachment, it is easily removed in order to use OEM iron sights.

I have some of these units, and fully satisfied.

Disclaimer: no financial interest.

Strongly suggest you investigate any possibilities for Quick-Attach/Quick-Dismount mounts for your optic. Your optic could fail for multiple reasons, and being able to quickly detach the optic (and cheek-riser) might be extremely useful in order to revert to OEM iron sights.

Just a suggestion.
No, I don't need a cheek piece or pad. I get a great sight picture. No, I don't need a quick detach mount. The Aimpoint is world famous for NOT failing, and even if it did, I have other options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts