Perfect Union banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a stainless Ranch model to keep on my boat, bought a couple 20 rd. mags from Tapco (Victors)...after i got offshore I replaced the 5 rd. rugar with one of the aftermarkets and found that the latch does not go into the hole on the mag. I used a round file to ream the holes out and now they seem to work ok, rapid fire with no stoppages as of yet. It is my first Mini...figured mags. would be no problem, got a lot to learn. Glad i found this group!!!!

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ed, and congrats on your new mini. Sounds like you are dealing with those cheap aftermarket mags ok. You might want to use the search button at the top of your control panel to search on posts related to Magazine latch, or mag latch. The newer mini's have a shorter latch. Some aftermarket mags latch better on older mini's, some work better on the newer ones. Some don't work very well in either, and some work in both. The latter cost more of course. Most aftermarket mags latch better leaving a couple of rounds out.

BTW what pond you sail on. I used to sail alot around the channel islands 20 mi from calif. good fishing. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts