Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Room,

I'm brand new to these posts but I have used so much of your information already to make an important decision. I have owned a Ranch Rifle for a couple of years and all my high capacity mags were made by USA. I haven't used them a great deal, most shooting I did was with factory mags and a stainless 10 rounder that I can't recall where even came from. But I have noticed that the USA mags are not very well spoken of in here. I have decided to go ahead and buy about 6 of the PMI (Precision) mags, based on what I have read in here. They are very expensive when compared to the USA type, but I want something I can depend on regardless of cost. I have also decided that it would smart to get some .223 stripper clips and a factory Ruger guide to make fast reloads. That way I can alternate loaded mags and not have to keep but one loaded at a time. I must say though, that the 2 USA mags I have that I've tried seem to do ok. Would changing the spring and follower and replacing them with Ruger parts make them better? Which cheap mags (USA, Triple K, etc) make the best mags to modify?
I love the Mini's simplicity and reliabilty. In fact I like the one I have so well that I may buy another one someday. Sure, they are not target rifles, but are good plinkers and with the right mags and ammo, very capable self-defense rifles as well. Unlike the AR's, they will go bang when needed. The AR requires too much attention with cleaning and ammo, where the Mini will keep going until it is filthy with gunk.
Sure am glad I found this place. This seems to be a much more mature place to post and discuss things. The last shooter's board I participated in seemed like everyone was out to make everyone else look bad. Here, people help each other. That's what it's all about.

op-rod

·
Registered
59 Posts
Having some rare USA mags that work I would leave them as is. Wolff Gunsprings has springs for Mini full cap mags and gunpartscorp.com has followers that should be good when you do need a change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts