Perfect Union banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
We'll leave the light on
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've got it done, for now. Till the next greatest thing comes along, like next payday:lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
I see the bipod, Limbsaver Deresonator, flip-up caps and scope. What kind of scope and what was your experience using the Deresonator?

·
We'll leave the light on
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leapers 4x32 scope with illuminated reticle and as far as the Limbsaver goes can't really say yet. The last time I had it at the range it was blowing like crazy. 35 to 40 mph steady with gusts above that. I was happy to be able to hit the paper with regularity at the 100 yard mark.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Is that bi-pod attached to the sling swivel at the gas block?

·
We'll leave the light on
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bi-pod is attached to the stock. I used a dremmel tool to rout out a spot inside the stock to put a small steel plate that I threaded to fit the 10-32 threads on a sling swivel. Screwed it into my homemade nut/plate and put the liner back in.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Nice work. You did the right thing with attaching the bipod to the stock! :cool:
If I ever feel the need to put a bipod on my M30 ill deffinitly be doing it by drilling a hole in the stock and countersinking the hole to allow whatever nut etc i use to remain flush or lower then the rest of the forearm. (my forearm liner is epoxied into place)

Got any other mods planned? Bedding, gas bushings & trigger job. All pretty cheap/can do yourself and all great mods.
If you really want the best out of your mini and at a reasonable price send your trigger group off to gundoc, buy some of his gas port bushings and bed your stock yourself.

·
We'll leave the light on
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will most likely try a trigger job on my own. I have almost all the goodies to pull it off and have watched Doc's video a dozen times. I think I can do it. At the least I will shine up the contact points on the trigger group first to see if that helps any. To be honest, my pull weight right out of the box isn't too bad at all. It has a bit more creep than I like but not too bad, and not "gritty" at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts