Perfect Union banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first rifle. Brought a 186xxx series mini 14 from my uncle and after my first 60 rounds at the range, i'm ready to do some accurizing. Anybody have any experience with barrel struts? Thats going to be my first upgrade. My question is what length should I go with for a ranch rifle with the 18.5 inch barrel? Any input is appreciated. Cheers

·
Registered
169 Posts
My strut preference is the Mo-Rod (on my 186-series w/ 1:7 twist,) and most will agree with me that adding any strut works wonders on the pencil barrel Minis. I have a full length barrel so I went with the full length 2-clamp strut. When it comes to price and functionality it really is a toss-up between Accu-strut and Mo-Rod (price was my deciding factor since I got into Mo-Rod kind of early,) so it really comes down to aesthetics. I admit the low profile Accu-Strut clamps look slicker than the Mo-Rod clamps but my personal theory is the slightly chunkier Mo-Rod clamps could transfer heat better. This is all just one simple man's humble opinion btw. I hope not to see any arguments over "innovators vs. imitators" on this one :)

sorry for forgetting but...... Welcome!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts