Perfect Union banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Let me thank you ahead of time for helping me with answers to my next questions and those to follow. 1) Having trouble removing the hand guard on my new rifle. I pull the Delta Ring down but it doesnt seem to be enough to to help release the gaurd. Any suggestions. 2) Thinking of mounting a front site. My rifle is a flat top with a picatinny rail on top of the gas block. Any mount there looks like it might block the gas vent holes on the block. Can anyone shed any light on that? 3) I would like to replace my hand guards with ones that have quad rails and I would like to replace them with a (moderately) priced substitute. Any suggestions?
Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Those are not gas vent holes in the gas block. You are more than likely looking at the hole where the retaining pin for the gas tube goes. There are no gas vent holes. As for removing the guards, if you have about a 10 to 12 inch pair of slip joint pliers, preferably with rubber coated handles, these make a very good hand guard tool. just put the handles on each side of the delta ring and push it down. Most likely you are not getting the ring pushed down far enough and they can be very stiff on a new rifle or even an older one if they have never been removed. Can't really help with quad rails. I don't personally care for them so I don't have any recommendations. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any questions, that is what we are all here for.

·
Registered
852 Posts
What Woodstock said... For the rails, check out UTG/Leapers for some decent quality and decent priced quad rails.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts