Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from the Lone Star State.
I am currently browsing for quality parts for my -14, which is how I ended up here. Nosed around the board for a while, and determined ya'll appear to be a pretty level headed group. Glad to be here now.
Now for the big question: I've got a plain-jane mini-14, no accessories (if ya'll knew me you would know this just won't do!) and the first thing I would like is a new stock. I know composite is more practical and durable, but I'm kind of old school. I'm looking for an attractive natural stock, maybe thumbhole, and I wouldn't mind a few suggestions!
I did browse before asking, but maybe some threads were deleted due to bandwidth restrictions?

·
Registered
427 Posts
:ar15:
I'd just like to add two cent's worth. When you change stocks, make sure you tighten the rear screws real good! I went through several weeks of thinking hell about what was wrong with my RR. A friend suggested the metal was loose in the stock, and he was right. I thought the rear mounting screws were tight enough, but in my case, they need to be really tight! Also, about the front screws where the gas block bolts on, they don't need to be that tight. Don't go crazy there, you might strip out the aluminum threads.

Hope this helps.

Vote pro-gun. Vote for your civil rights. Get your shooting buddies to write their governor and legislators. If they won't take a stand now, they won't take a stand when it's really tough.

Kalifornia Citizen

·
Registered
567 Posts
That metal sleeve or liner, whatever they call it y'all use in those wooden stocks needs to be bedded to the stock. Use whatever bedding compound you prefer but you should certainly bed it. As for the aluminum threads this puzzles me. I have a RR & to my knowledge there isn't one piece of aluminum on it except for possibly that cheappy rear sight.

Good shooting
Bushwack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts